Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

99-100 degrees, 45-55% hum. so far so good.

I keep talking to them, maybe a little early to expect an answer ???

Hope all is well with all of yours.

Quote:
I want some Mille Fleurs so bad-I must be stopped! My husband said we are going to have Chicken Shanty Town here if I don't stop with the different breeds. I sure hope your hatch goes well! Where in Texas are you?

Quote:
If they were shipped, you should wait at the minium 6 hours to settle. They recommend more closer to 24-48 hours.

Quote:
I just had another panic moment with a spike of 101-third one, I sure hope this doesn't continue or I'll need fake nails at the end of this hatch!
barnie.gif

Glad all is holding steady with yours! Maybe I need to talk to my INCUBATOR(or threaten it-one of the two)!

I'm getting constant spikes to 101 and 102, then dips to 98 and 99... but on the average i think about 100F.

Funny though, I'm not worried... in nature there is NO WAY momma hen keeps a precise temp on all eggs all the time. Yet chicks still hatch, so they must be tougher than we give them credit
big_smile.png

ps: as long as the eggs are fertile and have good strong genetics, of course!

Im incubating 4 this time. Couldnt add more because I could only collect them on my days off so they wouldnt be cold.
thumbsup.gif
By the time I get home after work, they are pretty frozen,
barnie.gif
so on my days off, Im out there every hour or so.
th.gif
Unfortunately, I also sell them so I could only keep four.
hit.gif
Next time, though, I have a freind who has alot more chickens than I do and will give me as many as I want<g>.
woot.gif
Mine are due to hatch the 21st.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Im using a LG that I got at TSC and I hatched out the only two eggs I put in it last time, so now Im doubling<g>
yippiechickie.gif
Im thinking of getting a Hovabator 2362 I believe is the model.
celebrate.gif
Anywho, lets cheer on the little fluffy chickies!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

Rammy

Just put my eggs in
yippiechickie.gif
8 black oegb's and 2 dozen Marans
fl.gif

I do dry hatches never add a drop of water till day 18 works for me in Florida with our humidity
lol.png

I'm getting a late start to the thread but I started around the same time as everyone else. 36 eggs went into the bator Tuesday evening making my due date the 23rd I believe. This is also my 1st hatch! Good luck everyone!

Got some orpingtons hatching on March 24th too. I also have some due today so we will see. I havent seen any pipping yet, just movement, and if staring could get them to pip, they would all have hacthed. Having a baby was easier than this. LOL

Back
Top Bottom