Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Ok could'nt help my self candled last night looks like I have only 1 OEGB..
hit.gif
So I just bought some more eggs hoping for at least 2 black OEGB to add to my breeding stock and of coarse I thought these were pretty and won them also..
lau.gif

http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1268238883
http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1268238619
I couldnt help my self they are for my DH
yippiechickie.gif

I candled this morning, only day 5 and I know a bit early, but i didn't see much in any of mine
sad.png
I am hoping it is just too early and maybe the shells are thick or something. But when I candled my outdoor eggs under a broody in the past, I have always been able to see at least something going on in there by now.

how long to I wait before giving up the ghost?
idunno.gif

I have pips and a baby at my "saraget hatcher's" house. She called last night to report 1 pip and that was it. This morning she called and said I have a baby and 2 pips!
bun.gif

I still have to wait til next Saturday for these here to hatch.

It sounds like everybody is doing well, chicks are a hatching, incubator temps are steady, birds are singing, days are getting longer, sun is a shining (was yesterday anyway) Ain't it great !! I got over my candling worries, ain't no point stressing, things will be what they will be.

I have been surprised at the level of responsiblity I feel haveing decided to hatch chicks. If my hens had set their own eggs I'd be thinking nature will take is own course. Because I decided to hatch those eggs not Ma Nature, I feel I have the responsibility to make sure all is good with them. Does anyone else think like this or do ya think I am taking it a bit too far ?

Hope all continues to go well for everone. Mark

Daidohead - I understand how you feel. I pop into the bathroom every time I walk by it or when the light turns on and off to check the temperature. First time Momma Hen here...I am starting to let go a little bit so I don't drive myself stir crazy
smile.png

The sun is just starting to shine as we had a small snowfall this morning....Things are looking good over here as well
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom