Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Well, I am kind of bummed
sad.png
It is day 7 and I should really be able to see at least something by now and there is nothing but yolks rolling around in there
sad.png

I only had 4, got them from a neighbor who has some bantams. They would be mixed most likely with the possibility of a pure Serama. She also gave a Barred Rock just because my daughter asked for one...lol. They were just supposed to be the test batch so I didn't get a lot of them.

I have hatched many babies under a broody and most times I can start to see development at day 3 or 4. My light is plenty bright..I can even see the little white floaty things that keep the yolk in place....just no veining at all
sad.png

I tell you what works good candleing and thats one of those maglight flashlights. It will light up like nothing you believe. Im using just a regulare flashlight, but I have a freind who uses one of those and swears by it. If that doesnt work, a 100 watt bulb with a coffee can over it works good too. I used that the last hatch.

Rammy

Another bright, beautiful, sunny day. I moved my ladies coop and run to give them a better view of the sunset today. They don't know how to act. I didn't tell them it was because I wanted my yard back. Have you ever noticed they don't want to eat the dandilion in the grass, they want to eat that $193.74 imported plant that you were on a waiting list for 3 months to get .

I am still running at 99degrees, 44%. I am going to wait till just before lock down before I candle again. I was supposed to have recieved an order of BO eggs mid week last week, waited till friday before I emailed to find out if they had been shipped. Their reply was "oops forgot about you" Guess My first hatch won't be staggered, just as well.

Hope all is well with you all, Mark

Quote:
Oh that stinks! I had 20 eggs I threw out of my bator. I now have 21 that I can clearly see chicks moving around in! You can def see them and the movement its so cool I wish I could just sit there and watch them but I just candled and put them back like a good mommie..lol You going to try again Bec?

So...would it be safe to say that even after 8 days, and you only see a yolk in the egg, that it should be taken out? These are quite the small eggs (SLW) and I have slightly increased the humidity to see if that would make any difference.

I have 9 eggs only showing yolk (and all from one breed too)
sad.png

I guess that is nature for ya!

Back
Top Bottom