Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Quote:
Oh that stinks! I had 20 eggs I threw out of my bator. I now have 21 that I can clearly see chicks moving around in! You can def see them and the movement its so cool I wish I could just sit there and watch them but I just candled and put them back like a good mommie..lol You going to try again Bec?

I really want to but my girls are on a laying strike! I know they are fertile, I have hatched a bunch from them! So of course NOW when I have the incubator up and going they don't even lay me one stinkin' egg..LOL. I will just have to wait for now, which kind of burns me up because I have the bator at a perfect temp and humidity and I would rather not turn it off and have to re-adjust it all over again later. I was supposed to get some eggs at the end of this month, but that may not happen now so the ol' bator may have to go back up to the attic
sad.png

I am so happy everyone's hatches are turning out so well!!! I am going to stay tuned in and watch as everyone hatches out their cute little fluffies!!!!

Well, I just took them out and opened them...not a 1 of them was fertile! The lady has 2 roosters, but I guess they aren't doing their job well. She does have a lot of girls in comparison to the 2 boys.

Oh well...I guess I will have to wait
caf.gif

I'm really sorry, Bec
hugs.gif

Everything was good and steady here yesterday. I lock down this week-sure wish I was able to candle and know if I am just keeping a bunch of egg shells warm.
roll.png

I'm sorry Bec.
hugs.gif

Equine Angel.......don't take them out until you're absolutely sure. I've waited up to Day 14 to take clears out. I'm on Day 11 right now, and will probably remove the clears tonight.

I have just done a full check this morning and 10 out of the 26 only show the yolk (I guess that means they are clear then). How upsetting!

I have moved them all to one side of the bator for a few more days and will wait until Day 14 to see if anything will happen.

Quote:
That's what I would do too.

And Bec, sorry to hear there is a glitch by you.
hugs.gif
They are right about the nature thing. Mother Nature can be such a stinker!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Lockdown on the 19th-we'll see I guess. Humidity took a little dive last night, but not too bad.
Hope all is well for the rest of you.
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom