Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Quote:
Congratulations,
thumbsup.gif

Congrats to you all!
I'm beginning to think I'm going to zero on this hatch-I have no pips and haven't heard any peeping in hours. I understand that the Seramas are really hard to hatch, so I may end up with no new babies.
hit.gif

Quote:
I had a broody who would start pecking the crud out of them as soon as there was a hole in the egg!!! I had to bring her hatching babies in the house and hatch them in a round cake pan under a heat lamp!!!!

Well, I have a pip this morning-it is not in any of my shipped eggs(Serama), it is in one of the 2 Silver Lakenvelder eggs from my birds that I threw in on a whim to test fertility-guess what, they're fertile!
lol.png

Quote:
Hang in there!! You never no. Not to be a bringer downer but I bought 30 serama eggs and only one of them hatched and I always crack them open after to see what had gone wrong and there were only 4 fertile out of the whole bunch. Needless to say I was not
happy about that!! When I buy fertile eggs I would love it if they were really fertile. I guess that isn't to much to ask is it? LOL!

I too am on day 20 and nothing yet, just some rocking. I hope when I get home from work I have at least a pip. My friend set eggs the day after me and she already has 2 eggs pipping. I swear if nothing hatches again (this would be my 2nd hatch, 1st one was horrible) I will not be hatching again. Sorry, had to vent.

Woke up this morning to FOUR peeping chicks in the bator!!

And 5 more eggs have pipped, I can hear chirping...
fl.gif

The chicks that hatched a day early are ALL from the same mama, yet the chicks all look very different - it's so strange... The little first-born got stuck all night under the side of the egg carton, it's so sad. I had to peel her out of there before she died. I took the chicks out of the 'bator and into the brooder so they could finish drying and have a safe place to cuddle.

First-born seems to have issues with yolk sac absorption, she cannot stand and keeps flopping on her side. Belly is swollen and when I apply a bit of pressure, clear yellow liquid seeps out of her vent - I'm scared she won't make it
sad.png
The 3 other chicks are in fine form, but this little firstborn looks so different and swollen
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom