Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Well, I waited as long as I could. Today I unplugged the incubator and opened up the eggs. NOTHING to suggest that they were even fertile. They looked just like a regular egg that I was going to cook with :-( I am pretty bummed out, very anti-climatic. The good new is that the 10 cicks I ordered cam this afternoon and all are happy and healthy.

Aw crud-I'm so sorry you didn't hatch any babies.
hugs.gif

However...
wee.gif
on your chicks that were delivered today!

I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get any babies.
Its lock down for me tonight, only 3 eggs left. Two look like they have well developed chicks inside but the 3rd seems smaller so I wonder if it has died. I can't see any movement but I think they're still growing. The air sacs seem really big. I'm still hopeful. The weather has got really cold here, I wonder if the temperature in the bator has been dropping overnight.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you didn't get a hatch ihvpower, but congrats on your new chicks...what kind did you get?

Ok, I think this may be the final count for me. I have a total of 10 chicks hatched. 2 are still drying out. I had to help them. They were getting glued in the shell. So, out of 18 eggs, we got 10. I'm just glad I got those 10. They are so cute. I think in the future I'm going to look for a hovabator. I really like my GQF but I don't want to do another staggered hatch. I'd just use the hovabator for hatching.

Hi Buff and congratulations on the babies :)

I gor 2 Buff Orpington, 2 Balck Australorp, 2 White Leghorn, 2 Dark Cornish and two EE's........They are too cute and doing well!

Nanc:D

Back
Top Bottom