Set on 2/4...who's with me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkies4penny, Feb 4, 2012.

1. silkies4penny

silkies4penny Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2011
    Fayetteville, WV
    I got 24 shipped Buff Silkies in today. I had 2 eggs super cracked (the box was crushed on one side) that I threw out, two more cracked that I covered with nail polish, and a bunch with detached air cells. I put 8 under a broody white silkie I have, and the other 14 in my bator. Will see how it goes this time around. I put my very best looking eggs under the broody, cause I havn't been having good luck with my hovabator. It doesn't want to keep a stable temp.
    Anyone else setting tonight? would love a hatch buddy!

2. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I set eggs today too. 38 eggs total Light Brahmas. Brahma Cochin mixes and Brahma Delly mixes just have to wait and see who hatches :p

[​IMG]

3. maybe! tonight or tomorrow morning [​IMG] first hatch ever!!

4. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    I set 37 in an LG and 10 under a broody. 8 are my Lav orp eggs (my first grand kids as I hatched their mom and dad LOL) and the rest are a barnyard mix with Lav Orp rooster. I put the Lav Orp eggs in incubator as this is a first time broody and wasn't quite sure what she would do.
    Can't wait!
    AYDA

5. IM WITH YOU TOO!!! IM wAY TOO EXCITED TO BELIEVE!!

6. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    Mine are grandbabies too lol I hatched their parents 6 months ago and now this is their first set of babies. Can't wait to see what they look like hehe.

7. AriLovesChickens

AriLovesChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    N Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    Just set mine, about 10 minutes ago. [​IMG]

8. best of luck!

9. RoyalFlock

RoyalFlock Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    I set 7 assorted silkie eggs that I ordered from ebay under my broody game hen plus 3 mystery eggs from my chickens.
    I can't wait! Good luck everyone!

10. AriLovesChickens

AriLovesChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    N Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    Thanks! This is only the second time I've done this - hopefully it goes better than the first time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by