Setting and hatching in December? Come join us! - Holiday Season hatch-along

Sweet,
Here is the thread... i hope!!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...tching-of-2013-anyone-come-join#post_10106993

Did you change something in the way you hatch this time.?
Honestly if they were shipped...they are so hit and miss.
I have had 4 failed hatches from shipped but 9 or 10 that i got a few chicken Only one did I get over 50% hatch though 10 of 14 eggs!I was shocked...
...most are about 25-30%
Last bust all the eggs were infertile or didnt start to grow one or the other so shipping ? breeder? hard to say

There are just so many variables with hatching and get shipped you are adding another layer to that.
BUT positive i have some reall y nice chickens now
GREAT breeds and colors. so even if i only got a few its more than i would find near me to buy so i buy shipped a LOT!
GOOD LUCK this time.!!

I got one set of shipped eggs that were damaged. ended up helping 2 hatch and culling them due to deformities.
I have 7 eggs under a broody that were shipped. They didn't look like they were doing well in the incubator. My broody is only 6 months old so figured let her give it a try.
The 6 eggs I just got are from my moms. I stayed there and collected them. They aren't shipped. that is the big change. eggs that aren't shipped are easier to hatch.

SHIPPED EGGS......Just saw a piece on the news about packages shipping from the post office.....BUSY Xmas shipping day etc...
i CRINGED watching the boxes go down the shoots end over end ...tumbling all ove...r not sliding

.One box looked just like my eggs which ARE on their way and the piece was taken at that SAME facility my eggs were AT yesterday... I KNOW they were mine!!!

OH my POOR little egglets
hit.gif

hmmm explains my eggs that have been shipped not hatching. :(
I am not ordering eggs ever again. and hoping to get enough hatched so in spring my mom can maybe sell some local mixed breed hatching eggs to people.

Back
Top Bottom