Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Tonight is the 7th day in incubators guys. Gona candle tonight! Wahoo so excited to see whats going on in there. Ill send ya a update so hopin its good news I can send. Had trouble with the one so hoping the temp flucuation didnt hurt anything. It seems to be ok the last few days. Everytime I say that it goes wonkers so I better knock on wood lol. Going to take the kids on a little field trip to a friends this evening to like answer some questions and learn alittle for thier 4H project so it will be a little later when I can get to it. Would love to hear your updates when you candled last. I have been thinking of a few posts on here that was wandering if anything was In thier eggs. Does anyone else candle thier eggs tonight?

Its Day 7 for me too. I'm doing lots of eggs (74) so I'm planning to candle 25 of them each time I turn for the rest of the day (2pm, 6pm, 10pm). I can take them in my bahroom that has no windows to make it dark enough.

I'm loving my incubator. Its a cabinet style one that a guy makes and sells on ebay. My temp and humidity have stayed very constant, and after opening the door the temp recovers in less than a minute, humidity recovers in less than two. The only down side is no turners, but I'm kind of enjoying turning by hand.

I candled a few yesterday (Day 5) and they look good, a small dark spot in the middle with veins extending outward. I cracked another egg a couple days ago. I used a small piece of duct tape to seal it. Do you think that will work or should I just let it go before it has a chance to develop too much?

I set thirty eggs on the third in my Genesis 1588. I have an old LG turner in there working just fine. These are all shipped eggs and I candled last night on day 9. I saw lots o veining and some movement. I also removed three eggs that were mostly clear. One was one I had marked as a leaker. It had sealed back up so I put it in. There was another one that was damp when I unpacked them but couldn't find after I got them all unpacked. I hope that was one of the ones I removed. I saw what I thought was some blood rings but on closer examination I also so veining. I left those in. This is a barn yard mix of hens with Ameraucanas roos over them. I love all the different colored eggs. This is the last hatch for me this year as I already have too many chickens. LOL

I set mine on the 8th...so I'm a little behind! It will be fun when all your eggs start hatching, It goes fast...so before you know it! I say this will be my last batch...because I'm getting way to many chickens! But it is just so addicting! If I am able to sell some I can make more!

I candled all my eggs. 7 were clear, 2 had blood rings. That leaves 65 perking away. A few were iffy, but most you could clearly see the developing chick and movement. So cool!

I've candled the eggs I left in the incubator. A couple looked clear, others I think I see veins. The 7 eggs under my turkey I didn't candle. I'll be able to make a better decision next week.

Back
Top Bottom