Setting Eggs on Easter Adopt-An-Egg Hatch A Long!

In that case, do you know which hen would have laid this egg, since it's a unique colour? And can I see a picture of it? :D
It is from one of my Marans, just not sure if it is the full blue or the half rustic rambler. The tiny speckled are hard to see, but there are a few obvious big ones!
1681088350067.jpeg

That's a nice looking egg!
Thanks! We have 2 of the 4 that lay speckled, the other two just dark brown. The speckled are my favorite but they are super hard to candle, so I only set one…I could actually see the yolk moving around when I candled before setting, so hopefully it won’t be horribly difficult!

I set 38 eggs today, as my Easter hatch is finished hatching!

Please feel free to choose an egg below.
Blue eggs
7 @junior67
11 @Lovely Lettie
13 @AmeraucanaHank
Green eggs
Olive eggs
Cream or white eggs
Tan eggs
Brown eggs
Chocolate Speckled Egg
38 @Canadian Wind

My hens are a variety of breeds, including Barred Rocks, Wyandottes, Marans, Legbars, Ameraucana, Easter Egger, Olive Egger, Sapphire Gem, Ancona, Andalusian, Australorp and Orpingtons. My 3 roosters are Easter Eggers.

If you would like to adopt an egg, feel free to name it, and guess what color it will be! I have hatched such a variety from this group, all colors & patterns, feathered & clean legged, pea and straight comb.

This batch isn’t as big as my last, so I am hoping to take individual pics of each hatched chicks. Would love some company as the hatch progresses!
22, please!

Back
Top Bottom