Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

Loving the pics! So many great looking chicks out there!!
celebrate.gif

I'm stuck in my situation. I gave my chick a warm bath to try and soften up his feathers so he can fluff out, and I put him back in the bator. Well here we are quite a ways later, and the poor guy still can't really stand (has curled feet) and hasn't really fluffed out like I see all of your chicks doing. :hmm On the other hand, he is still very alive, stumbles around, and peeps a LOT. Very vocal.

I don't know what to do.
hu.gif

Did you pat the chick with paper towels to get it as dry as you could before putting it back in the incubator? It is humid in the incubator so it may take awhile for it to dry. For the curled toes you can use some medical tape and lay the chicks feet (straightening the toes) on it gently sticking the foot to it, then lay another piece on top to make a shoe. It usually only takes a day or two of wearing the shoes to straighten the toes
smile.png

Here is a picture of one of my bantam BLRW chicks with the chick shoes on. Its toes were straight after one day.

Loving the pics! So many great looking chicks out there!!
celebrate.gif

I'm stuck in my situation. I gave my chick a warm bath to try and soften up his feathers so he can fluff out, and I put him back in the bator. Well here we are quite a ways later, and the poor guy still can't really stand (has curled feet) and hasn't really fluffed out like I see all of your chicks doing. :hmm On the other hand, he is still very alive, stumbles around, and peeps a LOT. Very vocal.

I don't know what to do.
hu.gif

So I've heard cheeping for almost 24 hours now with still no external pip, I only have the one chicken egg in there ready to hatch, is the internal pip supposed to take this long? I've had several hatches before but I never really noticed peeping until there was an external pip, so I'm just a little lost. Thanks everyone.

PS all those little chickies are absolutely beautiful!!!!

ETA:
LITERALLY, as I posted this, I heard a loud peep and ran to the incubator, there's a pip.
They play mind games I swear.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I hear peeping and we have one pip!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word this is a complete miracle!!!! I am crying. I just cannot believe we have had a baby survive after 4 power outages. Please pray it makes it out alive! I have 5 others with it but nothing and today is day 22.

Oh Sprinkles212 I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I know how horrible it is to have a hatch fail... so to think you have pips and peeping on day 22 is just wonderful! I sat up until 4am this morning watching 2 of my chicks hatch! Call me crazy... but I was hooked! I could just talk about it all day! Im sure people around here think I'm mad.....

I had one little chick not make it today
sad.png
It was the first one to pip. It never zipped like the other 2, it had just made a large hole and went no further. I peeled back a small bit of shell (last to hatch) to give it a chance. It eventually ended up hatching itself but died a few hours later. It had a large blister like lump at the base of its neck/top of wing and a tiny bit of unabsorbed yolk. I separated it from the others but it still didn't make it. Sad that it got so far just to fall at the last hurdle... BUT I HAVE 2 HAPPY HEALTHY BABIES AND I'M SO HAPPY!

So here is the mum & dad - proud parents who have no idea I HAVE THEIR BABIES! (Mum is no longer with us and Dad is just... well... a Rooster!)

Mum is an Araucana X Polish and the Dad is my Bantam Pekin show cock!

NOW HERE ARE THE BABIES! (My camera went flat after two photos! haha. This was the best!)

They both have beautiful feathered feet like daddy and these cute white patches on their heads!!! (Which you cant see in this pic). They also have some light patches on their bellies/bums and one has them on it's wing tips! I can't wait to see what they grow into!

Back
Top Bottom