Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

So I went and picked up my eggs this morning!
I ordered:
7 Black Copper Maran
7 Golden Cuckoo Maran
7 White Maran

The farmer gave me that plus 9 more mystery unlabeled Maran eggs! So what to do when you have 30 eggs to fit in your new Brinsea which only holds 24?
You put them in there anyway!
ya.gif

I won't be setting mine until the 10th or 11th, but I'll sure look in to see how you're doing!

Hi, I'm new to this thread but I'd like to join you on this week end egg set. I've hatched many eggs but one's that I've bought from other people, locally. These are my own, FBCM, EE's and a couple Delaware. These will be mixed because I have 16 hens and 2 roo's. all my eggs have been fertile when I break them open. Then in April-may time I will separate them so I have full blooded Marans or full EE's. just sort of a test this time. I've done a lot of things wrong saving the eggs but we'll see. I'll never learn if i don't try. The incubator has been steady at 99 - 101 for over 24 hours. I'm very excited. (Oh, I have a Frizzle that has been bred to the EE or the Marans but she keeps hiding her eggs. I'm going to try anyway). Can I join? I'll wait until tomorrow to set them. Sue

Where did you find the White Marans?

Last edited:
I am just wondering, has anyone ever tested the hatch-ability percentage of free ranged chickens vs confined? A free range chickens eggs have more nutritional value, would this equal a better hatch? Would the chicks be more likely to be normal? Would they grow faster? I would really like to test this, has anyone noticed a difference?

Wow, this is going to be a really interesting hatching group. There are all kinds of things being hatched out. I have a buddy that really wants a bunch of Delaware. They look like great chickens to me, I'll have to see how Sally8's hatch out. Maybe I can hatch some out for him.

Back
Top Bottom