Setting eggs today...anyone else?

fishinchicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
SWVA
I set 2 Indian Runner eggs in my little classroom incubator yesterday and added a 3 this morning. Is anyone else setting eggs today or recently? I would like to have a hatch buddy! I hope it won't hurt that the one egg is a day behind the others.

I'll be your buddy! I'm setting some tomorrow or friday - a doz of my mixed flock eggs. It's my first time hatching duck eggs, I'm kind of nervous!
hide.gif

Quote:
I will be about a week behind you. I don't think my girls will go broody so I am probably going to have to incubate. Will probably set in about a week or so..... I will be setting my own pekin eggs and on Sat. we will be picking up a different breed so we are going to have others as well... Not sure yet if I will set those on Sat. or if I will wait and do it all together.

I will be setting some more in the morning. I have 7 I think collected now- so once I get the eggs in the morning- I will be putting them in before I go to work. Runners as well here.

This is my first time with ducks. I hatched 3 silkie chicks with my students las week with the same little 3 egg bator...it was a blast and soooo easy. It does everything for you! I collected the first 2 yesterday and the 3rd this morning. It was pretty cold to the touch though. I hope it didn't get too cold! It was about 45 degrees outside when I collected it!

I set 6 turkey eggs two nights ago. I have never incubated eggs before so fingers crossed!

I set 2 doz Jersey Giant (Black) and 1 Buff Brahma Bantam with 6 Pekin Duck eggs Sunday the 10th of April. I'm hoping this works I have never done a mix between Duck and Chicken b-4 but I'm excited to see what happens. These our my own eggs. The duck eggs are
misted with luke warm water once a day. I turn these my self 3+4 times a day.
frow.gif

I candled my ducks eggs today and I have 3 started eggs. Good veins and dark "spots" in each one !!! We are soooooo excited. I just pray that we don't suffer the same results as my friend's classroom down the hall...chickenrookie. She lost all but 2 of the 11 she set to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom