Setting eggs tomorrow, anyone want to join?

Eggs are set, marked, and ready to roll.
big_smile.png

I just set mine. Marked with numbers to keep track of which one is which, since I have 5 breeds, and I candled them. I really couldn't make out an air cell on most of them, but def. could on at least 2, my one blue americana and one of my black austrolorps. I will candle again in 5 days to check fertility. I'll post a couple pics of the candled eggs.

I am going to set eggs tonight after my last gather. I have 2 hens that I want to get at least 3 eggs from. I have a hatch in now that is at day 24 and no sign of hatching
sad.png
. I had my incubator is a cool 50 degree basement and couldnt keep them temp regulated. It kept bouncing from 98-92. I have now moved the incubator upstairs next to my computer desk. I "might" get a surprise 1 or 2 to hatch, but going to start a new batch anyways. Wish me luck!

I am going to set eggs tonight after my last gather. I have 2 hens that I want to get at least 3 eggs from. I have a hatch in now that is at day 24 and no sign of hatching
sad.png
. I had my incubator is a cool 50 degree basement and couldnt keep them temp regulated. It kept bouncing from 98-92. I have now moved the incubator upstairs next to my computer desk. I "might" get a surprise 1 or 2 to hatch, but going to start a new batch anyways. Wish me luck!

Good luck, I hope you get a surprise chicky!!

Ok, so here are my eggs all set up...I went and got one of those cheap walmart thermometers that monitors inside/outside temp and humidity, just so I could get an idea of the humidity level in the bator. I also have the trusty mercury thermometer that came with the bator in there as well.

And here are a couple of the first ones I candled. Some of the eggs look really porus, is that good or bad?

This one below is one of the two I *thought* I saw an air cell in.

I will candle again in a few days...hoping I get some fertile babies!

What kind of bators are you guys using? Are you doing the humidity thing or going dry? Forced air, still-air?

I am doing still-air, and dry. The humidity today in my house is at 30% and in the bator it's at 30% with no water.

I'm going forced air with about 45% humidity. Temp is staying steady at 99.5-100 so far...I'm keeping a close eye on it. Temp in the room is 72.
There is a little bit of water in the bator.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom