Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

Will do JD!! I'm curious too. Hoping I can get these all together soon. I'll leg band these 2 just in case they all start to look alike over the next few weeks.

Welcome all newbies! This is really a great group to hatch with. It really helps when you have others to share and compare notes with. Several of us came over from another hatch and everyone was great during lockdown and hatch day. Lots of encouraging words from the more experienced eggsperts (tee-hee).

I got home super late last night to find my bator dipped in temp!!! I think after this hatch we (and by we, I mean my hubby! :lol: ) are gonna build a automatic bator that has an actual thermostat in it.

Incubator and turner were not free but 50 bucks total for both.

As for dropping the egg Wife has given me nothing but crap all day because of it........
hey that's an awsome price!! I just paid $80 for my LG bator and turner from TSC... As for the wife, well, dude, I feel your pain!! my DH thinks he is the funniest guy since George Carlin!!
gig.gif

27 more days to go!
hmm.png
What are you hatching?? Sorry but I am new to chickens let alone other fowl...
These are Rhode Island White. I got them from Ebay. Real nice guy. Eggs were laid on Tuesday and Wed and shipped Wed afternoon. Arrived today. He is out of WI. Great packing and great post office here. Will put them in Bator in the morning.
Sure, Barko, rub it in!! Our post office sucks!! I heard someone call em the "postal gorillas" the other day and it fits perfectly!!!
Hi gang!

Am I late to the party? I just started incubating 5 silkie hatching eggs today using a Little Giant 9200 incubator with the 7200 forced air fan and 6300 automatic egg turner installed. I had plans to have my broody hens sit on them but they had DIFFERENT plans! Hence, the frantic rush to town to pick up an incubator. :/ Still, I'm very excited to incubate eggs for the first time! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions so I hope you'll all bear with me. :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
yippiechickie.gif
Welcome to the party!! Leave your coat at the door, grab a drink, and relax!!

Is it day 10 yet ? I want to candle already lol o sooo desprately hoping that i get atleast half the hatch.. 2nd hatch 1st time with shipped egg, 1st time with duck eggs...
OH man!! me too!!

Hey Kimbroe, are you sticking with the 7 day no turner plan?? cause I am at day 5 and it's really hard not to turn it on AND candle!! Someone talk me down!! I need a sponsor...

Back
Top Bottom