Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

My shipped eggs that "made it" all have tiny airbubbles instead of a nice cell. So dissapointing. The post office really scrambled these things. And after looking at properly packaged eggs, it seems he could have done a lot more to keep them safe. I am going to stick them in the incubator tonight and not move them for seven days.

He did get back in touch with me and said he would ship me more when he catches up on orders. So at least he is trying to make it right. Just wish he would ship them better. Does anybody have a polite way I can tell him the correct way to pack eggs without sounding like a pompous ***?

My shipped eggs that "made it" all have tiny airbubbles instead of a nice cell. So dissapointing. The post office really scrambled these things. And after looking at properly packaged eggs, it seems he could have done a lot more to keep them safe. I am going to stick them in the incubator tonight and not move them for seven days.

He did get back in touch with me and said he would ship me more when he catches up on orders. So at least he is trying to make it right. Just wish he would ship them better. Does anybody have a polite way I can tell him the correct way to pack eggs without sounding like a pompous ***?

I would just ask him if he would mind packing yours specifically a special way. Hopefully, he will get the hint.

Wow, they are a lot lighter than any of my chicks. I'm sure the quality of my LBs, being hatchery stock are not super for breeders so I was trying to add some new and improved stock to it.

I'm going to look and post pics of my adult birds and what my chicks look like for you to compare.

They do seem to have a lot of black in them.

These are all LB chicks from my birds. I only have LBs so there is no way they could be crosses or anything like that. Possibly mine are not even close to quality. I've still got to get a pic of yella but got a million things going on right now, in a few hours I'll have time to play a bit.

I just started with chickens. Just loved the look of Brahmas. So I have no idea the quality of mine, purchased by word of mouth on this site. I do know that my only buff Brahma (pullet) may be a cross breed cause she has gray skin. But that is okay with me, still love her.

I cant keep my humidity down. It is staying between 45 and 55. I have put in a huge bag of rice, have placed desiccant packets in there and can't get it to change. I have 3 different hydrometers in there just to verify it was really that high, and it is. Doing a dry incubation but it's not staying very dry.....
That sucks!! I can't get mine above 25%... Guess I am doing a dry hatch even though i didn't plan one!!

I am setting my eggs I got in today on July 15. I have 14. This too is my first hatch. Very excited to get started.

That sucks!! I can't get mine above 25%... Guess I am doing a dry hatch even though i didn't plan one!!

I am doing a dry hatch too. Humidity is at 50% with no water. So damp and rainy that air around is at 70%.
I do hope 50% is not too high.

Sadly, i dropped an egg today, the lavendar sablepoot. :(

I dropped a bantam egg yesterday. So mad at myself. Did not help my wife said " Do I need to turn your eggs for you? " I also dropped a beautiful robin blue Americauna egg while I was at the breeders. Felt like such a butt! So don't feel bad.

We live in a 200 year old farm house looking down at the St. Mary's River. No insulation at all and SO humid here in southern MD. Miserable today outside. great temp. but 90% humidity. So nasty. I am right on for the tried and true old timers humidity, but everybody I know has had really good luck with dry incubating so I wanted to give it a try. I am still "dry incubating" just with standard humidity levels....

Just scored a brand new HovaBator 1588 and turner for a steal. Going to pick it up in the morning. Hmmmmm more eggs............

I dropped a bantam egg yesterday. So mad at myself. Did not help my wife said " Do I need to turn your eggs for you? " I also dropped a beautiful robin blue Americauna egg while I was at the breeders. Felt like such a butt! So don't feel bad.

We live in a 200 year old farm house looking down at the St. Mary's River. No insulation at all and SO humid here in southern MD. Miserable today outside. great temp. but 90% humidity. So nasty. I am right on for the tried and true old timers humidity, but everybody I know has had really good luck with dry incubating so I wanted to give it a try. I am still "dry incubating" just with standard humidity levels....

Just scored a brand new HovaBator 1588 and turner for a steal. Going to pick it up in the morning. Hmmmmm more eggs............
OH man!! That really bites on the egg dropage!! My Hubby woulda said the same or worse... laughed!! So don't feel bad... Awesome on the bator though!! How did you score it free?? need to start hanging with you lol... I am ok with dry incubating but it worries me at lockdown... do you still keep it "dry" or do you add water??

I am setting my eggs I got in today on July 15. I have 14. This too is my first hatch. Very excited to get started.
what breed?? I am already looking at e-bay at eggs! lol my DH is like... "seriously, you don't even have the first ones outta there yet." HHHMMM, I don't think he understands chicken obsession...
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom