Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

These are Rhode Island White. I got them from Ebay. Real nice guy. Eggs were laid on Tuesday and Wed and shipped Wed afternoon. Arrived today. He is out of WI. Great packing and great post office here. Will put them in Bator in the morning.

I'm looking forward to joining in when one of our hens go broody, probably one of the bantams before the others. I'll let the birds to the magic since I don't have enough money to get a bator, lol

Hi gang!

Am I late to the party? I just started incubating 5 silkie hatching eggs today using a Little Giant 9200 incubator with the 7200 forced air fan and 6300 automatic egg turner installed. I had plans to have my broody hens sit on them but they had DIFFERENT plans! Hence, the frantic rush to town to pick up an incubator. :/ Still, I'm very excited to incubate eggs for the first time! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions so I hope you'll all bear with me. :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome new comers!!! This is so much fun when you have others to share and talk with!!!

I'm hoping to set 2 dozen Guinea eggs today, my first time working with Guinea eggs.

Also update for JD. I got 3 LBs to hatch of my shipped eggs, one didn't make it but here are the 2 that did, they are soooooo light compared to my chicks. Hopefully they will grow into beautiful birds and help improve my stock.

Welcome new comers!!! This is so much fun when you have others to share and talk with!!!

I'm hoping to set 2 dozen Guinea eggs today, my first time working with Guinea eggs.

Also update for JD. I got 3 LBs to hatch of my shipped eggs, one didn't make it but here are the 2 that did, they are soooooo light compared to my chicks. Hopefully they will grow into beautiful birds and help improve my stock.

So very cute!! You will have to keep me posted as yours get older and compared to your others.

I looked at several hatchery sites, and there was both light ones and dark chicks shown. I'm curious now, if there is a difference.

Back
Top Bottom