Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

Ahh!!!
he.gif
my bator got to 102.7 today. Not sure for how long. I'm a stay at home mom, so I check on it all day long (seems like every 15 mins).

I candled 3 random eggs and saw veining in 3 of them
celebrate.gif
(mini tribal!). That will hold me over till day 10. At least I know that there are some growing.

My son wanted to see "blood in the egg like my sister did" so I candled a Polish egg for him and we can see the embryo swimming around. His statement "HOW COOL IS THAT"

So neat!

Hello everybody, I set my eggs Saturday morning 7/14, 12 Silver Laced and 12 Gold Laced Brahmas. This will be my last batch for the season. I sure hope everyone has a great hatch.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard MMB53, good luck to you also. Well, day 2 down. Temp was around 101 yesterday, lowered thermostat just a little bit, Temp stabilized at 99.8, checked again this morning before turning, 99.7. I think I am set for another day of incubating. Can't wait to Candle them, going to wait till Saturday that will be 6 days. Been turning 3 times a day, 6am, 5pm and 10pm. I know the 11 hour is a little long but not much I can do about it. I work. My Humidity is staying around 44%.

I just set a second batch in a homemade incubator which will be 5 days behind the ones in the brinsea. I can then transfsr them for lockdown to a better controlled environment as the other batch will have hatched by then (or not).

My second batch is a mad hatch (thanks walkwithdogs) made up of the inferior eggs i either rejected or did not have room for in the brinsea. Not expecting much from this lot, especially since i will struggle with maintaining a stable temp. But let's see how we go! I will candle the 6 dayers tonight.

My son wanted to see "blood in the egg like my sister did" so I candled a Polish egg for him and we can see the embryo swimming around. His statement "HOW COOL IS THAT" 

So neat!

My 4 yr old was amazed when we candled during our first hatch, once she saw there were little chicks in the eggs she began to talk to them :) telling the to grow lol :D

Back
Top Bottom