Setting Soon

cluckcluckluke

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 10, 2012
The Foothills Of Chickendom
Anyone setting on or around this coming weekend (11th-12th)?

I just have to collect a few more Wheaten Marans eggs and I'll be all ready to put in my first batch of Marans eggs
smile.png

The incubator has been running well for the past 2 days after a long rest. This years Winter is pretty mild so far, so I'm confident I won't have any temperature problems with the chicks.

Tell us what eggs you've got and join in on the incubating fun!

Last edited:
Anyone setting on or around this coming weekend (11th-12th)?

I just have to collect a few more Wheaten Marans eggs and I'll be all ready to put in my first batch of Marans eggs:)
The incubator has been running well for the past 2 days after a long rest. This years Winter is pretty mild so far, so I'm confident I won't have any temperature problems with the chicks.

So what eggs have got ready for setting in either an incubator or under a broody?

I prefer a good broody over an incubator in that there is less worry over temperature and humidity fluctuations.

Quote:
Yeah it is a lot easier for some people as you don't have to do much but my incubator is fully automatic and has been very reliable in my other hatches. I also get the opportunity to candle my eggs easier and see whats going on because it's in the house as opposed to 200m away down at the chickens. Plus when ever I have had broody hens, no matter what I do to prevent them, I get mites and mites are just the worst so I don't even want to risk it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom