Setting the week of August 22 (or so... ) Everyone join!! You know you want to!

He he!!! I am getting excited!!!!! I want my eggs NOW!!!!!!!! Waiting a week to a week and a half is gonna be rough. Hmmm, I think I need hatchers anonymous too. I can't believe I am already wanting to hatch again and I am still not off the high from hatching the last ones.
hide.gif

I knooowww...Maybe lots of them are done for this season. I live in Texas so there is no real "winter"...Makes sense to keep hatching as long as I can get my grubby paws on eggs :D

I am hoping to join in. My eggs should be here tomorrow according to tracking. From what I have read they will need to settle for a while before going into the incubator. This will be my first experiencing hatching. Hopefully I have done enough research that I will be able to get a couple babies. Incubator is on and warm and holding steady.

I am hoping to join in. My eggs should be here tomorrow according to tracking. From what I have read they will need to settle for a while before going into the incubator. This will be my first experiencing hatching. Hopefully I have done enough research that I will be able to get a couple babies. Incubator is on and warm and holding steady.
I read that shipped eggs should not be turned the first 7 days if the air cell is damaged from shipping (incubate with large end up). I have been taking tons of notes so that when I buy shipped eggs I can work to get the best hatch possible. I am trying my fist attempt with homegrown eggs.

Last edited:
I read that shipped eggs should not be turned the first 7 days if the air cell is damaged from shipping (incubate with large end up). I have been taking tons of notes so that when I buy shipped eggs I can work to get the best hatch possible. I am trying my fist attempt with homegrown eggs.
Yeah, if the air cells are really bad, it's better to handle the eggs as little as possible for a few days. Good luck with your hatch! My eggs should be arriving here in a few hours, and they'll get a quick candle, then sit for 12 hours. THEN my next Serama hatch will begin *cooking* :D

If you can gently candle your eggs when they arrive, you can see what the air cells look like. Then yes, let them settle for at least 12 hours, large end up, at room temperature before you put them in the incubator. I don't turn my shipped eggs for about 3 days, but if the air cells are really bad, you might want to leave them a few days more. They CAN hatch, so don't be upset if they look displaced when they arrive. Incubating and hatching shipped eggs mostly upright is the best bet.

Welcome to the fun! Great that you have done your homework and feel prepared. Just ask if you have any questions...one of us will be able to help :)

Yeah, if the air cells are really bad, it's better to handle the eggs as little as possible for a few days. Good luck with your hatch! My eggs should be arriving here in a few hours, and they'll get a quick candle, then sit for 12 hours. THEN my next Serama hatch will begin *cooking* :D

If you can gently candle your eggs when they arrive, you can see what the air cells look like. Then yes, let them settle for at least 12 hours, large end up, at room temperature before you put them in the incubator. I don't turn my shipped eggs for about 3 days, but if the air cells are really bad, you might want to leave them a few days more. They CAN hatch, so don't be upset if they look displaced when they arrive. Incubating and hatching shipped eggs mostly upright is the best bet.

Welcome to the fun! Great that you have done your homework and feel prepared. Just ask if you have any questions...one of us will be able to help :)
Okay I am knew to the incubating shipped eggs. Well I did that last batch. So I am suppose to check and make sure there is an air sac on the large end before putting them in the bator? How do I know if the air cell is damaged? If I don't turn them for the first 7 days do I run the risk of them sticking to the side of the shell? I guess I should know this for the little ones coming. Especially since these guys are so hard to hatch in the first place.

hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom