Setting the week of August 22 (or so... ) Everyone join!! You know you want to!

Okay I am knew to the incubating shipped eggs. Well I did that last batch. So I am suppose to check and make sure there is an air sac on the large end before putting them in the bator? How do I know if the air cell is damaged? If I don't turn them for the first 7 days do I run the risk of them sticking to the side of the shell? I guess I should know this for the little ones coming. Especially since these guys are so hard to hatch in the first place.

hide.gif

from what i have read they need to settle big end up in an egg carton for 12 hours then into the incubator still sitting big end up. How long you leave them like this depends on the air sac damage. I have seen everything from 24 hrs to 7 days. I am planning to candle before I put them in the incubator. After looking at lots of youtube videos i think i know what I am looking for but not really. I am really not much help as I am going to be doing this for the first time as well.

Another question...can I incubate the eggs in the modified egg carton? I have read so much it is all blurring together at this point. How do I turn them? Or after settling for a couple days do I take them out and lay them on their side then start turning. Or one person said she left them in the egg carton but used a knife to gently prop up one side then moved it to another. So much anxiety...

The list of us hatching together so far are:

1. Aschenfire
2. Texasmja - set 6 eggs on 8-20-12 at 11:30 pm, using the Brinsea Eco 20, my first hatch! WOOT!
3. Fiveladybugs
4. Dandydoodle
5. Chicksooner
6. Luvinchickens

Just so I can try and keep up and remember when everyone sets and how many eggs please add your info next to your name.

1. Aschenfire
2. Texasmja - set 6 eggs on 8-20-12 at 11:30 pm, using the Brinsea Eco 20, my first hatch! WOOT!
3. Fiveladybugs
4. Dandydoodle
5. Chicksooner
6. Luvinchickens
7. Shwung79

Just so I can try and keep up and remember when everyone sets and how many eggs please add your info next to your name.

1. Aschenfire
2. Texasmja - set 6 eggs on 8-20-12 at 11:30 pm, using the Brinsea Eco 20, my first hatch!
3. Fiveladybugs
4. Dandydoodle
5. Chicksooner
6. Luvinchickens - set 4 Serama eggs 8-21-12 set 1 more 8-22-12 using a 1588 hova bator.

1. Aschenfire - setting 15 Serama Thursday morning 8-23-12
3. Fiveladybugs
4. Dandydoodle
5. Chicksooner
6. Luvinchickens
7. shwung79

The updated list of us hatching together so far are:

3. Fiveladybugs
4. Dandydoodle
5. Chicksooner
6. Luvinchickens - - set 4 Serama eggs 8-21-12 set 1 more 8-22-12 using a 1588 hova bator.
7. shwung79

3. Fiveladybugs
4. Dandydoodle
5. Chicksooner
6. Luvinchickens - - set 4 Serama eggs 8-21-12 set 1 more 8-22-12 using a 1588 hova bator.
7. shwung79 setting 12 Serama & 30 Button quail 8-22-12 p.m. Brinsea mini - serama and hovabator - buttons and serama. *First time with serama. ;Any advice?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom