Setting the week of August 22 (or so... ) Everyone join!! You know you want to!

I am on day 10 of a new hatch.....using a different incubator this time the Genesis Hovabator...it has a built in temp and humidity reading....but I went to walmart and bought a combo therm/hygrometer....the readings are always wildly different, very inconsistent.....so I went to the pet store and bought another type like for lizard cages/pens or whatever people keep lizards in....a combo therm/hygrometer....none of the readings are the same, always different, very inconsistent!!!! I am soooo frustrated and I do not live in the Bermuda Triangle. The 2 that I bought are lying beside each other on the wire screen but still do not read the same or even read the same difference everytime.....the one on top is consistently the lowest except for a couple of times....and even with it, it is not consistent with the difference. Suggestions?

Calibrate them.... if they have a probe that makes it easy for temp. To calibrate the hygro do a search on here for calibrating hygrometers (you can do the same for the search for the Thermometer.) I don't remember all the details but it requires salt and a bag and a little time <G>

Good luck! You can also do a general search for the models of hygrometers and how to calibrate them.

Back
Top Bottom