Setting the week of August 22 (or so... ) Everyone join!! You know you want to!

Thank you everyone. I really want my chickens to be free free range but I can see why people reap then in coops, it's so hard to invest all that time just for someone else dog enjoyment.

And I got bad news today. I went to check on my guys before heading to work and walked into a pen filled with death and carnage. Some start dog torn through the pen and killed all but six of my chickens
OMG im so sorry to hear that
hugs.gif

Here is one of my ducks and one of the two chickens I hatched (I only set 3 chicken eggs and 2 hatched) I know for certain what the duck is... but the chick I'm pretty sure of the dad and positive on the mom

Thanks cluckecluck, I'll try to get a group picture but I'll have to get a couple of wranglers or paint a box to use.

I am on day 10 of a new hatch.....using a different incubator this time the Genesis Hovabator...it has a built in temp and humidity reading....but I went to walmart and bought a combo therm/hygrometer....the readings are always wildly different, very inconsistent.....so I went to the pet store and bought another type like for lizard cages/pens or whatever people keep lizards in....a combo therm/hygrometer....none of the readings are the same, always different, very inconsistent!!!! I am soooo frustrated and I do not live in the Bermuda Triangle. The 2 that I bought are lying beside each other on the wire screen but still do not read the same or even read the same difference everytime.....the one on top is consistently the lowest except for a couple of times....and even with it, it is not consistent with the difference. Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom