Setting the week of August 22 (or so... ) Everyone join!! You know you want to!

Salmon faverolle - my single hatchling! It's in now with the 4day olds and keeping up pretty well. Check out the puffy cheeks and the five toes :lol:

Last edited:
Ok. I have one last egg in this set left to hatch. It pipped over 24 hours ago, I still see a little movement in that hole it made, but no progress has been made AT ALL! its at the end of day 22. Any advice?

Day 20 - first pip!! from Black Copper Marans #5- go little chick go! heard it cheeping :)

Woohoo! I know you have been as anxious as I was waiting for your chicks.
jumpy.gif

I've got BABIES!! 8 out of 8 hatched!! black copper marans!! Mama Red takes such good care of them! it was pretty cold this morning but Mama took the hatched chickies to eat and was teaching them how at the same time as keeping them warm under her wing! Pics below!

Mama keeping babies warm in early morn chill while teaching/allowing them to eat!

snuggling with mama!

Look of love!

Peeking out from mama's wing!

I have the most docile amazing Production red mama "Mama Red"... This is my first time doing the natural hatching thing and I LOVE it!! I did end up putting a himidifier in the brooder area last night because the humidity outside was around 40% and I had to physically help a chick escape a shrink wrapped membrane. The humidifier worked like a charm and all other babies were hatched under 10 hours from the first one!! Good luck everyone!!

Yeah, 4 eggs hatched and all look good.( the two other eggs died a long time ago). They are so cute! The one I let out of the shink wrap is doing fine. She looked pretty weak but has recovered nicely. Pics to follow.

I've got BABIES!! 8 out of 8 hatched!! black copper marans!! Mama Red takes such good care of them! it was pretty cold this morning but Mama took the hatched chickies to eat and was teaching them how at the same time as keeping them warm under her wing! Pics below!

Mama keeping babies warm in early morn chill while teaching/allowing them to eat!

snuggling with mama!

Look of love!

Peeking out from mama's wing!

I have the most docile amazing Production red mama "Mama Red"... This is my first time doing the natural hatching thing and I LOVE it!! I did end up putting a himidifier in the brooder area last night because the humidity outside was around 40% and I had to physically help a chick escape a shrink wrapped membrane. The humidifier worked like a charm and all other babies were hatched under 10 hours from the first one!! Good luck everyone!!
Well congrates. I knew everything would be fine

Back
Top Bottom