Setting Today (03-02-2012)

Temp has been 99-100 steady and humidity during lockdown has been between 80--87%. Still nothing today. Guess I"m out of luck

Went ahead and candled my egg. No movement. Air sac is formed perfect, eggs is mostly dark but you can see a little bit of light area and it still has veins in it. So my hatch was 0.

Last edited:
So today I checked on my eggs i have 5 chicks that hatched 1 RIP during hatch. and 1 of the chicks isn't looking too good.
hit.gif

It has a red thing in/on/by his butt and is laying on his/her back.
sad.png

I don't know what to do. He's lying on hi/sher back. I took her out for a sec to take the picture. I hope she will be alright.
Anybody know what this is??? IF she/he will survive?

I have 4 other chicks 1 was hatched at 9am and the other around 4pm and then later in the evening. when do you put them in the brooder box?

I would try to figure out a way to keep it warm and away from the other chicks and then let nature take its course. One of mine in this batch had something similar but small and it seems to be doing okay. Best of luck!

Popped the top on my unhatched egg. The yolk was still inside the membrane so what day did my egg quit on? The chick was stuck to one side of the egg. Did I not turn enough or did this more likely happen after it died and sat their for a day or two? The chick only took up about half of the egg so it was pretty small still. But cute feathers and toes. Oh well. Can anyone suggest what may have gone wrong?

I have 3 chicks and 3 eggs that are still in the bator, no pips on them. But unexpectedly a WHOLE bunch of quail popped early and there are 7 of them in there playing ping pong with my other eggs...

Ill wait a few more days but these eggs have not been cheeping and the other chicks were the nosiest bunch I've ever heard in my life. They are really large, however, so an extra day or so isn't out of the question.

One of the chicks sleeps with his legs splayed out and his head rigid and turned , I keep thinking hes passed then i see him breathing. I've taken to calling her plank.

i am heating up the brooder box. i put 2 bowls in there for water and food but i'm going to use the one that will be used for food to hold the baby in, i used two hand/sock warmers under a piece of fleece in there as well to see if i could get the temperature up from 90degrees.
is this a good idea? i don't know how i'd keep the other chicks away if i left the chick in the (hovar bator) incubator...

any ideas?

@Chiqita: one of the healthier chicks have had their necks turned in weird possition as well, as hrs went by they straightened out. One looks like chikzilla cuz it has a long neck but healthy it seems

Last edited:
i am heating up the brooder box. i put 2 bowls in there for water and food but i'm going to use the one that will be used for food to hold the baby in, i used two hand/sock warmers under a piece of fleece in there as well to see if i could get the temperature up from 90degrees.
is this a good idea? i don't know how i'd keep the other chicks away if i left the chick in the (hovar bator) incubator...

any ideas?

@Chiqita: one of the healthier chicks have had their necks turned in weird possition as well, as hrs went by they straightened out. One looks like chikzilla cuz it has a long neck but healthy it seems
I would not put it in a bowl it needs to be able to move both towards and away from the heat. If it is the only one I the brooder it should be fine. Or if you can move the others to the brooder and leave it in the bator all by itself that should work also.

I would not put it in a bowl it needs to be able to move both towards and away from the heat. If it is the only one I the brooder it should be fine. Or if you can move the others to the brooder and leave it in the bator all by itself that should work also.

the bowl is soo small it can get out of the bowl. i'm just trying to keep it warm for now. he has the ability to get out of it it's not a high bowl.
right now he's sleeping. he's not a great walker cuz when he falls over he doesn't seem to know how to stablize himself. I have 5 chicks in total 4 in the incubator, 2 are peeping. not sure if any more are because the chicks rearranged the cupcake holders over the other eggs so I can't see if they are pipping or what. I am soo excited to see them when they are fluffy. they are like a white tan color.

anyway, i have him in the brooder. the heat is around the high 90's. I was trying to get it to be 100 like the incubator since the chick just hatched this morning...
my dog wants to see him all the time. he keeps standing up by the brooder to see the chick

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom