Setting Today (03-02-2012)

Still no pips or peeps. I've got all my hopes on my one remaining egg. Starting to worry a little.
Mine are not due till tomorrow and I was awakened to cheering this morning at about 6:30. Over the day I have about 7 or 8 pips and one has hatched. They are supposed to be black sex links and this one is yellow? Can that, be or did my niece sneak in something different?.

Mine are all done hatching. I have 13 healthy, happy and LOUD babies! Three eggs didn't make it. I pipped them today (day 24) and two were fully formed but dead, one was moving but then died. It never did make an attempt to break out of the shell.

Packing away the incubator... for now. My agreed upon six chickens have turned into 51 chickens! I think my husband is ready to hide the incubator and have me banned from Tractor Supply.

Tractor Supply?
I was at a wendy's and a guy had a hat that said "Tractor Supply" I was wondering where I recognized that from!

I have 3 happy chicks.
(One might be iffy cuz it's neck looks weird).

I still have 2 pipped a bit. The eggs are moving too. :)

A possible 5 / 10 is good but i dunno about the rest of them. They could hatch over night.
I am only up to day 22. the first one started pipping yesterday and hatched this morning which is a bit fluffier then the other 2.

Last edited:
Mine are not due till tomorrow and I was awakened to cheering this morning at about 6:30. Over the day I have about 7 or 8 pips and one has hatched. They are supposed to be black sex links and this one is yellow? Can that, be or did my niece sneak in something different?.

if they were out of sexlinks then they can be black ,yellow, barred, red, as they wont have the sexlink gene active....you will have to sex them the old fashion way ...wait till the roosters crow
lau.gif

Okay so I'm officially at day 22 with nothing. At what point to I call it quits? Chicken_S said they pipped 3 of theirs that did not hatch. Should I do this at some point? This is my first go-round so I don't know what to do if nothing starts to hatch. Like I said, all was well when we went into lockdown and temps and humidity have been good. Had to open once a day to add water but for like 10 seconds each time. Getting kinda bummed.

Back
Top Bottom