Pics
I've used a syringe and needle for the cleanest oiling of delicate areas, especially on the vintage Singers when I'm using more expensive gun oil.

For general oiling of my machines I use a zoom spout containing Lily White. It has a long spout and inside you can pull out a thinner flexible tube. Allows you to put exactly one drop right where you want it.

https://www.amazon.com/Zoom-SPOUT-Sewing-Machine-Oiler-118ml/dp/B00BYCKTW2

Interesting, I never heard of that. Was it the quill end? Like sucking up liquid in a straw was the oil kinda drawn up into the hollow ish part? Or did she use the feathery end?
She used the feather end and used a feather because so many items she oiled weren't in a good position to drop drops in those areas . Also she could see that excess oil would not be good for a girl's fine clothing of a feed sack . lol

New project this weekend! I’m in a production and need a hooded cape and decided to sew one. I also found a set of curtains at the thrift store that were a perfect material. So far I’ve almost got the body done but now I need to start on the hood.
Pictures when you can. Sounds interesting!

The cloak is finished! The way it billows out behind me makes me feel like Snape from Harry Potter. I think it came out pretty well for how quick I sewed it and the fact that I didn’t use a pattern. I’ll get someone to take a picture of me in it tomorrow at the play.
Can't wait to see it!

Haven't been doing much sewing the last few weeks. Instead I set up my sewing space as more of a temp photo set and have been getting pics of things. Was just about to take it all down when I remembered I had a chicken kitchen apron that still needed the straps and the pocket put on, so I did those and got some pics.

Think I'm done taking pics for a while and can focus again on making things.

Back
Top Bottom