Sex Links start laying earlier???

Monk

Songster
10 Years
May 10, 2009
I've been told that the sex links start laying earlier, excactly what am I to expect? When should I have the nesting boxes ready? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Monk

Songster
10 Years
May 10, 2009
I have six Sex Links at 6-7 weeks old. In 2-3 months we should be in eggs. Thanks!

jaalb

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Minnesota
mine were a little over 6 months when they started, got them early dec. last year and they started laying memorial day weekend, I agree with the others that have posted they are laying machines, I have 17 and have gotten an egg out of each of them every day since they started laying

momof4boys

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
battle ground, WA
My red sex link layed her first egg at 18 weeks to the day(last Fri.)....and has layed an egg every day since then!! ...definately a laying machine!! I love it!!

ArizonaNessa

Joyfully Addicted
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
Texas
My last batch of cinnamon queens starting laying at 17 weeks. I was kinda shocked but they never missed a beat with their laying. I think they lay as good if not better than leghorns. Eggs are prettier too.

BioBob

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 14, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I have a Black Sex link that I think is about 30 weeks old and I have yet to receive an egg.

I'm going to try to upload a pic, such that you folks that know about these things can tell me how old you think she is. Perhaps the guy who I bought them from was exagerrating a bit.

Lets see if I can get the pic to come up (taken Yesterday)

BioBob

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 14, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Well I see I don't know how to add a pic to a post!

I'll work on it later and see if I can "figger" it out. For now the Girls are calling.

Later

I think I have it now!

How old is this Girl?

Last edited:

Top Bottom