sexing chicks?? pics of my babies

lost

Songster
11 Years
May 10, 2008
,nc
I just hatch some babies and we were looking at them. One looks like it has a spure already can this be? Would that be a rooster.The others has four, and this one has five looks like a spure
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Five toes maybe??? What breed are they? There are five breeds with 5 toes and mixes with these breeds can ALSO result in an extra toe
wink.png

You can see this Polish? chicks extra toes... it is not sposed to have 5, but, there it is
wink.png
LOL

polish.jpg

Thank you thay are mixed with a polish.Do you think it a roo are a ladie bird.Getting ready to down load pic of all. His feet look just like that

Last edited:
Well, that's just the toes... there are at least two other people that have posted today about 5 toed Polish chickens
smile.png
I think maybe some of the breeders have had some Houdan blood get into the mix
wink.png

It's probably impossible to say if it's a roo or a pullet yet... depending on the age. You can post pics though and people can take a stab at it
smile.png

THIS is what i got right now can you tell there sex this early. The reason why I like to know. The rooster was a polish and he was awsome .I bought the hen from a man and trying to get a roo like that.Thank for the help

10184_picture_025.jpg

I know this is an old topic. But polish and polish crosses are my favorite.Have polish crosses hatching now,1st generation and 2nd generation. Would like to know what the parents of those crosses were? Do you have any pics of the birds now?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom