sexing chicks?? pics of my babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lost, Jun 8, 2008.

1. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I just hatch some babies and we were looking at them. One looks like it has a spure already can this be? Would that be a rooster.The others has four, and this one has five looks like a spure [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Five toes maybe??? What breed are they? There are five breeds with 5 toes and mixes with these breeds can ALSO result in an extra toe [​IMG]

You can see this Polish? chicks extra toes... it is not sposed to have 5, but, there it is [​IMG] LOL

[​IMG]

3. lost

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    Thank you thay are mixed with a polish.Do you think it a roo are a ladie bird.Getting ready to down load pic of all. His feet look just like that

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Well, that's just the toes... there are at least two other people that have posted today about 5 toed Polish chickens [​IMG] I think maybe some of the breeders have had some Houdan blood get into the mix [​IMG]

It's probably impossible to say if it's a roo or a pullet yet... depending on the age. You can post pics though and people can take a stab at it [​IMG]

5. lost

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    THIS is what i got right now can you tell there sex this early. The reason why I like to know. The rooster was a polish and he was awsome .I bought the hen from a man and trying to get a roo like that.Thank for the help

[​IMG]

6. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know this is an old topic. But polish and polish crosses are my favorite.Have polish crosses hatching now,1st generation and 2nd generation. Would like to know what the parents of those crosses were? Do you have any pics of the birds now?
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by