TheHeresAmber

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2017
Hey guys,

About a month ago I got 2 goslings who were sold as pilgrims. They were only 6 and 3 days old and they both looked exactly the same. Over the next couple of weeks the slightly older one got a lighter face and beak and the younger one stayed dark. From what I've read, it looks like I have a boy and a girl. Ive got heaps of experience with ducks, but this is my first time having geese. Does anyone agree?

Attachments

• 20171002_110155.jpg
    20171002_110155.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 38
Pilgrim genders look different right from hatch. Males feather out white and females feather out gray. If those are pilgrims, they would both be females. I don't think those are pilgrims, though.

Pilgrim genders look different right from hatch. Males feather out white and females feather out gray. If those are pilgrims, they would both be females. I don't think those are pilgrims, though.

I'm dubious about their breed too. I'm not too worried as they are only pets to us. I just managed to vent sex the lighter one and it's a boy.

I'm dubious about their breed too. I'm not too worried as they are only pets to us. I just managed to vent sex the lighter one and it's a boy.

Yeah, not pilgrims then. A male pilgrim would have yellow down aside from on the back where he would have very light gray down. The light bill is right, but the down is totally wrong.

Yeah, not pilgrims then. A male pilgrim would have yellow down aside from on the back where he would have very light gray down. The light bill is right, but the down is totally wrong.
This is what the parents looked like. It's a photo taken by the owner

Attachments

• $_20.JPG
    $_20.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 29

Back
Top Bottom