sexing my maran, 6 weeks

i thought so! he has such large legs and the barring seems to be getting more defined. Ahhh well, such is life! In any event, hes a very sweet roo (not like my red) so he probably will be allowed to rule the roost and stick around :)

I think next time I get chicks it will be much easier for me to tell them apart.

I love that you updated! So many times, we don't ever see how accurate predictions are. She was certainly a well-endowed young pullet with some fat white bars. Would you be able to add an updated picture?

I love that you updated! So many times, we don't ever see how accurate predictions are. She was certainly a well-endowed young pullet with some fat white bars. Would you be able to add an updated picture?
absolutely! She did end up being the head honcho in the coop despite being a hen :)

Awww, just stumbled upon this.... :) love the update! I have 2 1/2 week old marans I'm dying to know the sex of! Guessing feels like Chicken Russian Roulette!

Awww, just stumbled upon this....
smile.png
love the update! I have 2 1/2 week old marans I'm dying to know the sex of! Guessing feels like Chicken Russian Roulette!
Until this girl laid an egg, I really believed she was a rooster. I hope you get some beautiful stout girls like mine! She lays TWO eggs a day!!!

Back
Top Bottom