Sexy roo O.o

4 Love of Baby Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
The middle of Middle Tennessee
Okay I adore my RIR cockeral whom my father dubbed Col. Sanders
lol.png
but............... He's being a little to sexy for me. I chased him off the back porch 'cause my parents hates the chickens pooping on the porch. He turned around and started doing his little dance around me. I admit I am rather pretty but he's thinking I'm a gorgeous chick?! I started doing a little dance around him to clucking like him and he looked at me like, "Are you crazy"?! I laughed and shooed off to his girls.

What do ya'll think? Am I crazy?!

Beats me, but thanks for the visual!
gig.gif

(I have a liberal definition of normal though.)

Maybe he just didn't like being ousted from the porch... a territorial dance? At least you territoried back!

The little beggar is being cheeky and showing his dominance....send him packing.

We have one rooster who wing dances anything he wishes to dominate....my daughter, my husband, the dog (especially the dog), but not me. He did it once to me, I grabbed him, held him under my arm, stroking and petting hem, and generally humiliated him in front of the flock. He is respectful now....offers me nits of rubbish, twigs, slugs, worms etc....but never wing dances.

Chickens do strange stuff that is for sure. The other day I surrendered to clean the sandbox in the coop. I hate bending over and climbing around. (next one 6"er) and locked myself in with the my 3 new girls 5 weeks thank you. I have said bring the camera every where when with the chickens and of course a Kodak moment when 1 at a time all 3 dust bathed right there 2 feet in front of me in the fresh sand. So adorable to watch. It goes to show you how simple it is to entertain the human mind
lol.png

Steve

you know Ive heard that is a good way to be the big boy, so to say.. one lady told me when her roo got aggressive that she would hold her arms up and look puffed up and then not kick but dance around him and bump him then if he when was breeding a hen, she knocked him off of her and sure enough that broke him from thinking he was the cock of the walk..

Pink

gig.gif

He was either courting you or showing dominance but my bet goes on dominance. You did the right thing. My boy wing danced me a few times at first but we now have more of an understanding. He's basically a gentleman really, he was just young. Likely your Colonel is now thinking you're the General haha.

Back
Top Bottom