Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I hope they were not successful!

Oh no they were not successful.

I use PayPal sometimes when ordering on line and I received an email from them saying a large amount was being charged so I called them.

While talking to the person on the phone he was trying to transfer my money from both accounts.

I hung up and called my bank to have a stop put on my account.

So now I have all the problems of getting a new account up and running, notify everyone of the change, and have my computer checked by a technician.

Oh no they were not successful.

I use PayPal sometimes when ordering on line and I received an email from them saying a large amount was being charged so I called them.

While talking to the person on the phone he was trying to transfer my money from both accounts.

I hung up and called my bank to have a stop put on my account.

So now I have all the problems of getting a new account up and running, notify everyone of the change, and have my computer checked by a technician.
It was a guy at Paypal taking your money???

Internal or external inflammation? I am not sure what you are driving at, is there a special concern regarding one of your hens?
No, just curiosity. One of the hens (Mary) was broody recently and had a checkup within days because she'd laid two thin shelled eggs after coming off the nest. I was so worried about the eggs I forgot to mention she'd been broody. The vet said she had early peritonitis and prescribed a course of lincospectin. I'm wondering if he felt heat in her belly and thought of peritonitis. The thin shelled eggs could be put down to changed diet from sitting. If she did indeed have an early peritonitis, she's made a stunning recovery because her eggs have been her usual and she's bouncing around as usual too.

Last edited:
This is how they spend their time in the coop run. They are mostly in a tight group in this corner where the weeds give them some shelter from the wind and from view.
PC241406.JPG

It was just plain wet and horrid today. They still wanted out, even in the rain. Quite a few have gone to roost wet.
PC241411.JPG
PC241413.JPG
PC241414.JPG
PC241415.JPG
PC241416.JPG
PC241417.JPG

The broody coop is reasonably dry and they do lay their eggs in there. Someone has started a pile under the broody coop.
C who is supposed to make sure they have food in the morning doesn't seem to have noticed this pile of eggs. I rarely take any eggs.
PC241412.JPG

This is how they spend their time in the coop run. They are mostly in a tight group in this corner where the weeds give them some shelter from the wind and from view.
View attachment 2938839
Well, I suppose they're bound to have a favourite spot. Is there scope to increase the plantings in the future?

Well, I suppose they're bound to have a favourite spot. Is there scope to increase the plantings in the future?
Not in the coop run. Nothing would survive. Most coop runs even if covered have the same problem. It only takes a few chickens to rip everything green out of the ground in a small area. They've partially stripped a few hundered square feet of the allotment run with just being out for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom