Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

My mom had that but she had mobility issues and I guess it was worthwhile for her. When she passed I tried to cancel it but 6 months later they sent a bill. I was furious and after I ranted for 15 minutes on the phone I got it straightened out. I will never ever get dish network because of that.
I'm having similar problems with Virgin Media. I wrote to them two months ago cancellingmy internet service. Rang them twice after that and cancelled. Just got a new bill.:rolleyes:

We had some rather enthusiastic hail yesterday & although it tried today it was so fine it was almost nonexistent. Blinking cold though in the wind 🥶
Had some of that hail here a couple of days ago. Some big stones fell, maybe quarter inch diameter.

Sort of. Our national broadcast is free to use for about 40 years now. But …. It comes with advertising between the programs. And it’s no longer available by air/through a simple antenna. Some BBC programs are bought and broadcasted.

In the Netherlands almost everything is digitised nowadays..You pay for the internet to receive the programs.
Free in our smart TV are about 30 German channels, Youtube, and many more uninteresting channels.
For 4 euro a month you can get our national TV by wifi connection. It offers the possibility to look at older, previously broadcasted programs/ series/films and shows its not bad at all imo.
For € 8,50 you get lots of channels (about 30, but not the BBC).
And if one uses an antenna or internet TV you pay for a topbox to convert the signal. These often cost about 20-25 euro and include a few BBC channels as well.

And now its time something completely different!
Today we went to the Sir John Soane architecture museum and his collection of historical artefacts. 😳 The museum was crowded with ancient / historical art stuff.
Some of the statues and painting were really magnificent.
From the architect himself there was only one room with his designs
View attachment 3761809

View attachment 3761810

In the afternoon we went to the renovated Battersy power plant station. Great work to catch the old atmosphere in a new setting.
I recall you mentioning you had been to London before, twice I think. Have you been anywhere out of London?

Is the Post Office one where they wrongly convicted hundreds of post masters of theft because some computer system made a mistake?
Terrible!
Yes, that's it. Some of the people were so desperate and scared they actually paid back money they knew full well had never been stolen in the first place. Lost homes, broken families, some lives lost.

A travesty of administrative deafness and cover up.

I hope you saw the drawings and pictures behind the panels and in the cupboards...?

It's almost hoarding isn't it? :lol: Quite a squeeze in places. You got good photos in the circumstances :p
I think it was The British Museum that had to admit it hadn't got a clue about what they had in their collection and this had only come to light when one of their employees had been caught selling off artifacts on the side.

Yes, that's it. Some of the people were so desperate and scared they actually paid back money they knew full well had never been stolen in the first place. Lost homes, broken families, some lives lost.

A travesty of administrative deafness and cover up.
I should've read ahead.

IMG_2021-07-27-16-23-08-422.jpg

Back
Top Bottom