Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I took Mr. Bumble out to see the girls when I went to lock them up for the night. He had the strength to fly up to the roosting bars, so I left him there. Tonight's low will be 59 degrees, so he'll be fine on that end. Normally I work Thursdays, but turns out I have Covid, so I will be staying home. Will just bring him in tomorrow morning to give him food & water.
BTW, the love was for you. I didn't love hearing you have covid, but I was sending you love.

I took Mr. Bumble out to see the girls when I went to lock them up for the night. He had the strength to fly up to the roosting bars, so I left him there. Tonight's low will be 59 degrees, so he'll be fine on that end. Normally I work Thursdays, but turns out I have Covid, so I will be staying home. Will just bring him in tomorrow morning to give him food & water.
Good news, if he felt able to roost it means he must feel better! Be careful he doesn't exhaust himself playing big guy to his ladies, in case he won't want to show he needs rest!

Disgression : when we got covid this christmas I limited my contact/cuddles with the animals and went into the coop wearing a mask.... looking and feeling like a complete loonie, but better safe than sorry! Did any of you have the same kind of strange behaviour 🙈?

Good news, if he felt able to roost it means he must feel better! Be careful he doesn't exhaust himself playing big guy to his ladies, in case he won't want to show he needs rest!

Disgression : when we got covid this christmas I limited my contact/cuddles with the animals and went into the coop wearing a mask.... looking and feeling like a complete loonie, but better safe than sorry! Did any of you have the same kind of strange behaviour 🙈?
I don't wear a mask in the coop. Mr. Bumble is still not his usual self, but doesn't seem to be getting worse. I still have to assist feed him. I plan to try a dewormer.

Afternoon so did C do it or is this all from one day ?
C has been doing the mornings. She still isn't leaving them enough feed but she's getting there in the mornings.
Wendy keeps saying yes and then not turning up. She does text me to say she's not coming but reliable she isn't.
The pictures are from the last three days in no particular order.

❤️ for Mr Bumble. ☹️ for Covid. I hope it's mild for you. Get well soon.
BTW, the love was for you. I didn't love hearing you have covid, but I was sending you love.
Ditto. 😇

Back
Top Bottom