Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

:gig You may want to consider an air drop if you go for the same make as Shad did - wouldn't want to struggle with one of those up your slopes!!!
It would have to go down so that should be all right!
Semi feral mum has done it again. They're out and about 😱
IMG_20220611_073659.jpg

I'm not sure you mentioned already if you know where did Henry and Mathilda come from before they arrived at the allotments ?
Not exactly. Matilda is Henry's daughter. I know that much. I get the impression that C's partner was the one that dealt with all this stuff. I don't think C knows very much about anything. The best description of C is arrogant; as in to lay claim to more than one is capable of.
Of course, with C's partner no longer alive there are very few people who can argue with the tales C tells.

I went and bought 5 lites of wood paint this morning for the new coop base and the old coop when it get refurbished.
Got it home, put it in my rucksack and later headed off to the train station. At the station which was quite busy, i took my rucksack off and it slipped out of my hand. This was the result.
Believe it or not I didn't swear. There were a couple of Asian families with small children close by and for once my brain worked and much to my surprise what came out of my mouth was "Oh dear.":lol:
One of the Asian little girls got given a plastic bag by her mum to bring over to me. So sweet.
P6111203.JPG

Needless to write I was not in the best of moods on arival at the allotments. I was even less so when I discovered that the bag of feed I mentioned my friend had brought to the allotments had been opened and some fed to the chickens.
You may recall that I'm worming them with flubenvet pellets and that is all they are suposed to have for seven days!:he
I swore when I discovered that.:p
Fortunately I was able to reclaim about one third of the spilt paint and most of the frame now has one coat on. Hopefully I'll get the rest done tomorrow if it doesn't rain or any other disasters happen.
I'll be doing a bit of washing in the morning. I got paint everywhere.
P6111204.JPG

Not exactly. Matilda is Henry's daughter. I know that much. I get the impression that C's partner was the one that dealt with all this stuff. I don't think C knows very much about anything. The best description of C is arrogant; as in to lay claim to more than one is capable of.
Of course, with C's partner no longer alive there are very few people who can argue with the tales C tells.
Ugh. I find people like that utterly exhausting.

I went and bought 5 lites of wood paint this morning for the new coop base and the old coop when it get refurbished.
Got it home, put it in my rucksack and later headed off to the train station. At the station which was quite busy, i took my rucksack off and it slipped out of my hand. This was the result.
Believe it or not I didn't swear. There were a couple of Asian families with small children close by and for once my brain worked and much to my surprise what came out of my mouth was "Oh dear.":lol:
One of the Asian little girls got given a plastic bag by her mum to bring over to me. So sweet.
View attachment 3144926
Needless to write I was not in the best of moods on arival at the allotments. I was even less so when I discovered that the bag of feed I mentioned my friend had brought to the allotments had been opened and some fed to the chickens.
You may recall that I'm worming them with flubenvet pellets and that is all they are suposed to have for seven days!:he
I swore when I discovered that.:p
Fortunately I was able to reclaim about one third of the spilt paint and most of the frame now has one coat on. Hopefully I'll get the rest done tomorrow if it doesn't rain or any other disasters happen.
I'll be doing a bit of washing in the morning. I got paint everywhere.
View attachment 3144941
that sounds like a really challenging day. I hope the paint comes off your bag and clothes OK, though I suspect it would have had quite a time to soak in and dry before you could tackle it. On the other hand I also suspect they weren't your best clothes if you were intending to paint in them, so the stains could be considered collateral damage :p
I imagine it would have been a lot worse were it not for the donated plastic bag; the kindness of strangers is the best sort :love.

Back
Top Bottom