Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Me too! But the idea seems to have gained a lot of traction in your country
https://mobycon.com/
https://www.pps.org/article/hans-monderman
It’s only implemented in the North according to the article. Not the place to be for me. ;)
I suppose it didn’t work as good as he intended it 🤷
But I love his caption. : “When you treat people like idiots, they’ll behave like idiots."

Looked it up. https://www.rtvnoord.nl/amp/nieuws/834590/onbegrip-over-shared-spaces-ik-schrik-elke-keer-weer

The article is in Dutch of course. Many people in the province of Groningen say it’s nor a good solutions if cars are allowed in these shared spaced. Dangerous, lot of nearly accidents and real accidents too. But in Asia it seems to work.

I translated the intro:
So-called shared spaces, or shared space for all kinds of traffic, can count on little support. More than 87 percent of voters feel unsafe in those zones.

For whoever likes to read more , use google translate.

95BD2124-146F-4E88-9329-570F03721A53.jpeg

Tax, for too much non chicken rambling.

This is my oldest hen Ini mini (Dutch) in the evening sun.

It's in! :wee
A friend and took the gate off and slid it in on its side.
A perfect fit on the post lugs into the underside of the coop.
It was almost dark by the time I had fitted the ramp and got the gate back on.
There are a couple of problems though.
The roost bars are plastic and made to go through the two small round holes you can see on the front and back of the coop. They are too high so I'll need to make something to replace them.
The seam around the roof to front and back hasn't been cut very well and the gaps will need filling on two sections.
It's likely to be quite warm in there when it's summer. I don't know how much a problem this is yet.
At the moment I'm just pleased its in and it fitted the base as planned.
P6141223.JPG
P6141225.JPG
P6141226.JPG
P6141227.JPG

The roost bars are plastic and made to go through the two small round holes you can see on the front and back of the coop. They are too high so I'll need to make something to replace them.
The seam around the roof to front and back hasn't been cut very well and the gaps will need filling on two sections.
It's likely to be quite warm in there when it's summer. I don't know how much a problem this is yet.
View attachment 3148704View attachment 3148706View attachment 3148707View attachment 3148708
I see what you mean. From the positioning of the vents, if the roosts go up, the chickens will roost in warmer air.

Getting better day by day Shadrach! 💝👍

Are you sure the roosts are too high? It seems the roosts are just a little higher than the nest boxes. And not too high to jump on for ex batts.

P.S.
I think the coop does need more ventilation under the rooftop. Some of these are quite cheap.
43F01F3A-5097-43FF-A160-67852D324E88.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 3148704View attachment 3148706View attachment 3148707View attachment 3148708
Well done! I wonder if cutting a bit more ventilation high up would help deal with the heat. Do you know the prevailing wind direction? Orienting that way might help as well.

Getting better day by day Shadrach! 💝👍

Are you sure the roosts are too high? It seems the roosts are just a little higher than the nest boxes. And not too high to jump on for ex batts.

P.S.
I think the coop does need more ventilation under the rooftop. Some of these are quite cheap.
View attachment 3148781

Quite inexpensive.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom