Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

That is looking great as base for coop suppose you get to move it up there huh .. I am impressed
Girls on their table for the night .. My tax
002.jpg

If you're married just remember that the wife is always right. When I receive my orders I always ask "what should I do first?"
Would you come over for vacation and explain this to my partner, while I have a talk with your wife to learn a bit from her husband management skills ?
I was going to suggest, as RC did, that with the amount of land you have you could each have your own gardens, do each their own way. Put them out of sight from each other so you don't have to look at their foolish ways ;)
At one point we toyed with the idea and it made us realize how inefficient it would be and how foolish we were. We learned to compromise and the way we do things is a mix of my partner's vision and my own. He gets the last word because he is more competent and is able to do things I'm not like tilling.
People it seems to me have lost the ability to share. It's a society problem rather than a people personality problem I think. A lot of mine and theirs and not much ours, in both responsiblity and action.
I agree with you all the way 😟.

Last edited:
Floor support struts to put on and that will do. All made from scrap wood. The legs stand proud of the top to act as coop base locators in case anyone was wondering.
View attachment 3147351View attachment 3147352
Very nice. I just love that last picture.
Looking good. Is that base freestanding and potentially mobile, or are the posts cemented in?
I don't see how he could have made the cement in the allotment with no electricity and no wheelbarrow to mix it manually 😅.

Very nice. I just love that last picture.

I don't see how he could have made the cement in the allotment with no electricity and no wheelbarrow to mix it manually 😅.
don't you have smallish bags of ready made post mixes in France?
https://remixdrymortar.co.uk/product/post-mix-concrete/
The water's there, and a bag's not too large or heavy to go in a rucksack or shopping trolley; just the job for this sort of situation I'd have thought, if he wants to fix them in.

Looking good. Is that base freestanding and potentially mobile, or are the posts cemented in?
Free standing and potentially mobile. I prefer not to use concrete/cement on ground that may be returned to green field type areas at some point.
Once the old coop has been removed the new coop will be moved to a more central position and maybe later, to a completely different location.
In general I prefer mobile coops.

Back
Top Bottom