Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Some of my bigger hens will allow smaller hens to nestle under their wings: Luna & Portia. Portia is a favourite because she is so big & fluffy though I don't think she generates all that much heat. Luna is just very tolerant.
Janet spent a lot of time under Mary's wing recently.

My mom gave me one 20 yrs ago. No wifi so no privacy issue. But it ate fringe rugs, cords and got stuck between the wall and the toilet. Didn't hold much. I hope the new ones are better
Gosh that would've been a very early model!

The one I've got doesn't get stuck on fringes or in corners but I keep cords out its way.

To be clear, I don’t want sentience in my home help robot. I don’t want to feel any guilt when I ask it to do the most unpleasant chores and don’t even say thank you.
If your future domestic robot were genuinely sentient, it would probably be best not to raise its ire :gig

I continue to recommend the human variety of home help :highfive:

Yay it's tax time! :wee

These two do not live at my house. I downloaded their photo from the internet because I've been showing so many people what Appenzeller Spitzhaubens look like.

74713559c3a1d84b2ced92912b91bb0b.png

The British hen trust(??) published something on the increase in taking ex-batts. But I didn’t see anything about how they fared.
Yes, I may even have read it on the the British Hen Welfare Trust.
Follow up is poor for the BHWT. I don't suppose getting an honest response is easy. They have their featured chicken stories. I've yet to read a horror.

My mom gave me one 20 yrs ago. No wifi so no privacy issue. But it ate fringe rugs, cords and got stuck between the wall and the toilet. Didn't hold much. I hope the new ones are better
Sounds like a rabid dog.:lol: I would prefer a floor I could sweep and mop but I've got carpet instead. I recently bought a vacum cleaner. I don't think I'll be getting one of those robo vacs.
Have you heard of a series of animations called Love Death and Robots? There's a great animation in the series where the house robot malfunctions. It's good series. A bit strange at times but usually very well done.

Shouldn't a robot empty its own dust catcher?
Yes it should! But it doesn't have any arms or means of navigating the back steps. So if I want it to continue picking up the stray bits of dust, cat fur, leaf, and chicken feathers that accumulate in the house, I'm going to have to keep emptying the dust catcher! Hoisted by my own petard :lau

Back
Top Bottom