Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Is Alice, the Araucana, the crested one in the middle?

(I see your profile says Australia, so I'm assuming your Araucana needs to have a crest and a tail, unlike the US ones that are supposed to have ear tufts, no tail, and no crest. Having the same breed name with such different standards can get horribly confusing!)
Ding! Ding! Ding! You are correct, well done.

Alice
PXL_20211215_023349926(1).jpg

Edwina
PXL_20211224_064924619.jpg

Pepper
PXL_20211224_071241795(2).jpg

He just got his second dose of yogurt mix, another blueberry, and 10 dried grubs.View attachment 2978988
In case you're not aware of it, a solid sided plastic box might be accumulating carbon dioxide at the bottom where he's breathing if he's in there a lot of the time. It's easy to get rid of it, e.g. by just putting the box on its side temporarily, as carbon dioxide is heavier than oxygen so will flow out.

@Shadrach Dear Shad, I have been reading your lovely chicken stories that you wrote in July 2018. They were the best stories I've read in years. I was also able to read a lot more about them in bits in BY Bob's super long thread (currently at 1700 page out of 7000+). Today I finally got an account for only one reason: I really really want to buy your book whenever it comes out. Pardon me if the book is already out, I haven't read all 283 pages of this thread. PS: In case you haven't noticed, I am a huge fan of yours.

Back
Top Bottom