Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

:hugs I know ~ but they do have Shad & he's a terrific advocate. I tend to feel rather sorry for C being on the receiving end of Shad's ire. We've all seen that in action & it's not pretty. She's been pottering along on her own doing the best she can & along comes Shad in his size 10 army boots & disrupts everything. Great for the chickens. Probably less so for the humans. I tend to be fairly optimistic & figure it will all work out for the best over time & the changes are happening ~ slowly, too slowly for some of us~ but they are happening & all those chickens are looking happier & healthier & we all know their lives are better for Shad's interference. Perhaps I could have expressed that a little better but it is super early here & I've had nowhere near enough coffee yet! 😄
I may have sounded harsh but my concern was for both the chickens and sharach ( yes shad, you can shout at me I can take it :tongue because I can shout to my dear friend and mentor) .

It's a great relief knowing sharach is there :) BUT there are people out there that could help and hopefully help can be found soon so our friend can have a break.

Those chickens are looking really good since he's been in their lives 💗

I figure I gotta owe tax so here is Sif.
This is one of 3 Vorwerks. She developed what the vet determined was a neurological problem & became paralysed. Her toes curled under. She lost all sense of balance. With a lot of care & time she is slowly recovering. Toes straight. Feet flat. Still a tad wobbly but she is getting there.​
1646858557467.png

And the rest of the hen party having a good old gossip under the palms.
1646858771619.png

:hugs I know ~ but they do have Shad & he's a terrific advocate. I tend to feel rather sorry for C being on the receiving end of Shad's ire. We've all seen that in action & it's not pretty. She's been pottering along on her own doing the best she can & along comes Shad in his size 10 army boots & disrupts everything. Great for the chickens. Probably less so for the humans. I tend to be fairly optimistic & figure it will all work out for the best over time & the changes are happening ~ slowly, too slowly for some of us~ but they are happening & all those chickens are looking happier & healthier & we all know their lives are better for Shad's interference. Perhaps I could have expressed that a little better but it is super early here & I've had nowhere near enough coffee yet! 😄
Well, a fair assessment I suppose.:p
Just one thing. My feet are not size 10.:D

Last edited:
Everybody was doing everything at the trot today.
P3090577.JPG

There was some degree of expectation for gate to be opened. I would have but there were people in the lane that leads to the allotments with dogs not on leads. I will need to do something about the gap beside the gate and the gap underneath it.
P3090578.JPG

P3090579.JPG
P3090580.JPG

Back
Top Bottom