Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

that sounds like a really challenging day. I hope the paint comes off your bag and clothes OK, though I suspect it would have had quite a time to soak in and dry before you could tackle it. On the other hand I also suspect they weren't your best clothes if you were intending to paint in them, so the stains could be considered collateral damage :p
I imagine it would have been a lot worse were it not for the donated plastic bag; the kindness of strangers is the best sort :love.
The puddle of paint was still there when I caught the train this afternoon. It had foot prints in it which wnet down the platform less and less distinct the further away they got. :rolleyes: I would lay odds that the person who trod in it was using a mobile phone at the time.

Yesterday morning was a bit of fun as I kept trying to lock the chicks inside their pen, and they kept finding new holes to escape. The cats did not spot them but the Gallicus Circaetus (short toed snake eagle ?) did. We put chicken wire last night in all the places the chicks escaped yesterday, so they are out this morning under supervision.

Theo's encounter with them yesterday didn't end as I expected. What do you think, is he attacking the chicks, or putting the broody back in place ?
Can't tell from that clip.

The puddle of paint was still there when I caught the train this afternoon. It had foot prints in it which wnet down the platform less and less distinct the further away they got. :rolleyes: I would lay odds that the person who trod in it was using a mobile phone at the time.
It is a nice color - I am sure it is an enhancement to the platform and the person's shoes.
:lau

C was at the allotments when I arrived feeding the chickens bits of bread.:barnie
Apparently Cis ill, with what I don't know.
One of the new allotment members has already had enough. They told me they were going to harvest what they had planted and then quit.:confused:
Worming is now over. I think it went okay. Everyone ate mostly flubendazole pellets for the full seven days.
One of the Ex Battery hens has got SLM quite badly. I dealt with her this evening. She does not like being captured and is quite hard to catch.
P6121205.JPG
P6121206.JPG

This one, I think she Carbon is looking like she's getting ready to go broody. Stand offish from the rest, eating like a horse and very slightly puffed up for a few moments.
P6121207.JPG
P6121208.JPG

One of the new allotment members has already had enough. They told me they were going to harvest what they had planted and then quit
I follow an allotment forum and it's been a challenging year for a lot of people in UK; newbies in particular are relatively easily put off by lots of early disappointments, with germination, peat-alternative composts, weather, pests, and neighbouring allotment holders. Did your member elaborate on their reasons?

Good morning or afternoon Ex Batts
This is new coops base foundation first part of the roof is on not tied down .. Birds had a hey day as I ran my tiller to make the trenching easierView attachment 3146218View attachment 3146219View attachment 3146220View attachment 3146218View attachment 3146219View attachment 3146220
Coming along nicely, it looks spacious.
Will it be a third coop or will you use it to replace their actual coop ?
We've got about fifty cinder blocks left from rebuilding the wall that my partner wants to get rid of but I want to keep them 😂.
I follow an allotment forum and it's been a challenging year for a lot of people in UK; newbies in particular are relatively easily put off by lots of early disappointments, with germination, peat-alternative composts, weather, pests, and neighbouring allotment holders. Did your member elaborate on their reasons?
I think sharing a garden with people you don't chose can lead to lots of problems like sharing a kitchen at work ( pre-covid). My partner's mother is starting a garden in her third allotment, the first two shots she couldn't get along with the other gardeners then with the person organizing the allotment.
I can see why, my partner and I have very different conceptions of gardening that have led to epic fights in the past. We both had to put a lot of water in our wine but it's still the main reason we fight.

Back
Top Bottom