Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

What makes it even worse is the coffee was crap. The cake I had was crap as well.
Was the company good though? Or at least, good enough :hmm
If not, I suggest preparing some alternative suggestions that you'll be able to whip out next time one of the group suggests wasting everyone's money the same or a similar way :D

I read and then bookmarked. Great information.
And a lovely read too, thanks @Molpet .
Chirk had a weird cyanotic episode back in 2020, I posted about it here https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...c-but-comb-fine-is-this-fowl-cholera.1352786/
It went as mysteriously as it came, and there's been no recurrence since, so hopefully Henry's will too.
I understand changes in the comb and / or wattles can mean a health issue, but not only. I was interested to read that Azygous mentioned it can relate to their mood, because I already said that Théo gets his comb tip turn black daily coinciding with the moment he decides to mount each hen four times in a row 🤭.
With Henry though I would still worry due to his age and the heat at the time. He's a big guy and it must have taken a toll on him.
Was the company good though? Or at least, good enough :hmm
If not, I suggest preparing some alternative suggestions that you'll be able to whip out next time one of the group suggests wasting everyone's money the same or a similar way :D
@bruceha2000 suggested a great excuse for pulling out of social occasions 🤣.
I never enjoyed having coffee out but my partner and an older Italian friend of his made a hobby of tracking out the places where coffee was cheap and correct- used to be one euro five years ago, then one 30, now one 50 is a great deal! But coffee market prices have gone way up too and I think it's partly due to the fact that the people who grow it are getting slightly better paid, which is a good thing.
Anyway if you want to make people work their a.. off you've got to make them need a lot of money.

Bath tax.
IMG_20220816_114301.jpg

And a lovely read too, thanks @Molpet .

I understand changes in the comb and / or wattles can mean a health issue, but not only. I was interested to read that Azygous mentioned it can relate to their mood, because I already said that Théo gets his comb tip turn black daily coinciding with the moment he decides to mount each hen four times in a row 🤭.
With Henry though I would still worry due to his age and the heat at the time. He's a big guy and it must have taken a toll on him.

@bruceha2000 suggested a great excuse for pulling out of social occasions 🤣.
I never enjoyed having coffee out but my partner and an older Italian friend of his made a hobby of tracking out the places where coffee was cheap and correct- used to be one euro five years ago, then one 30, now one 50 is a great deal! But coffee market prices have gone way up too and I think it's partly due to the fact that the people who grow it are getting slightly better paid, which is a good thing.
Anyway if you want to make people work their a.. off you've got to make them need a lot of money.

Bath tax.
View attachment 3226953
It looks like you're growing chickens in a tub! :gig:lau
Mine love bathing in compost too :p

The others decided they wanted something to eat. I had breakfast and a light lunch earlier, but under pressure I opted for a piece of cake.
There were four of us. We were out for around four hours.
Parking £18.00
Cafe bill £ 53.00
Bottles of water and an ice cream £37.00
Total £108.00
:eek::th
I can eat close to two weeks on that amount.
What makes it even worse is the coffee was crap. The cake I had was crap as well. The ice cream was okayish.
I keep thinking about this. It reminds me of an insight someone had in the early days of the pandemic. They realized they'd been spending money they didn't have on things they didn't want to satisfy people they didn't like. Old habits die hard eh?

More rain today. :weeTemperatures much more like average for the time of year.
More crap with transport. Much like average under a Tory goverment.:he
I'm begining to understand why what seems to me to be an adequate if not generous income is seen as not enough money.
I went out to the city a couple of times over the past few days with friends. Lets go for a coffee they suggested. We had drunk coffee at my house a couple of hours earlier at my house. I went along with suggestion mainly out of politeness.
I suggested they left the car at my flat and got a bus into town, a five minute ride costing me nothing and them a couple of pounds. Nope, they wanted to take the car.
Got to the coffee bar which apparently was new and had received good reports. The others decided they wanted something to eat. I had breakfast and a light lunch earlier, but under pressure I opted for a piece of cake.
There were four of us. We were out for around four hours.
Parking £18.00
Cafe bill £ 53.00
Bottles of water and an ice cream £37.00
Total £108.00
:eek::th
I can eat close to two weeks on that amount.
What makes it even worse is the coffee was crap. The cake I had was crap as well. The ice cream was okayish.

Henry and his comb.View attachment 3226683
View attachment 3226679View attachment 3226680View attachment 3226681

15 in again tonight.
View attachment 3226678
View attachment 3226682View attachment 3226684View attachment 3226685
That comb's not looking good.

Back
Top Bottom