Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

My friend came with me again today which was nice.
I've got dragging a 25kilo roll of mesh to the allotments by bus to look foreward to tomorrow
you need to get your friend to come again and help you with it!

Someone stole the uprights for the run doorframe
or maybe, because there are quite a few bits of timber scattered about apparently unwanted and unloved in various photos you've shared, I could imagine someone going past and thinking they could use/ recycle them... did you have a look round the allotments for them on someone else's plot?

I imagine the wind and salt spray prevent trees from growing.
Probably not. The deforestation of Scotland has been happening for millenia driven by farming & climatic changes, starting with the ice ages. Now fires & predators are wrecking havoc. Quite a lot of the remaining woodland is diseased & deer are prone to eating the saplings. OK, island but the islands too were farmed extensively then your theory of salt & wind kicks in. What I do know is there has been a reforestation plan in place for a while but that is a slow old attempt to reclaim what has been lost.

you need to get your friend to come again and help you with it!

or maybe, because there are quite a few bits of timber scattered about apparently unwanted and unloved in various photos you've shared, I could imagine someone going past and thinking they could use/ recycle them... did you have a look round the allotments for them on someone else's plot?
This is the most likely explanation. I'll have a look later.

Owed some back tax: the flock is now between 9 and 12 weeks old (two different groups). They certainly enjoy being out in the grass but sometimes they come back and sit right next to the run! 😂

1660919761676.jpeg

1660919845004.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom