Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I've been following reports of the storm. It looks pretty bad. I hope you and the chickens stay safe.
Thank you.

Screenshot_20220926-180041_Chrome.jpg

It's definitely getting colder. It was 14C when I left the allotments. The wind is back. It will probably blow up and down the Avon gorge until spring.
Two of the Ex Battery hens I checked over this evening had lice, but no mites. I sprayed them both and the knock down rate of lice with permethrin is high. I was brushing the dead mites off from around their vents as soon as I put the spray down.
I did a more careful than usual poop check when I cleaned out the coop and all the poop looked within a normal range.
The tarpaulin I'm going to cover the run with shoould turn up this week with the bungee cords. Once that is on there will be a lot less draft through the pop door which stays open all night.
That's the sick Legbar making her way to the food in the first picture. She is eating more than she was.
P9260292.JPG

She's in this tray as well.
P9260293.JPG

P9260295.JPG

P9260294.JPG
P9260298.JPG

It's definitely getting colder. It was 14C when I left the allotments. The wind is back. It will probably blow up and down the Avon gorge until spring.
Two of the Ex Battery hens I checked over this evening had lice, but no mites. I sprayed them both and the knock down rate of lice with permethrin is high. I was brushing the dead mites off from around their vents as soon as I put the spray down.
I did a more careful than usual poop check when I cleaned out the coop and all the poop looked within a normal range.
The tarpaulin I'm going to cover the run with shoould turn up this week with the bungee cords. Once that is on there will be a lot less draft through the pop door which stays open all night.
That's the sick Legbar making her way to the food in the first picture. She is eating more than she was.
View attachment 3272712
She's in this tray as well.
View attachment 3272714
View attachment 3272711
View attachment 3272705View attachment 3272704
That second to last picture, the one through the chicken door, is a great picture!

Back
Top Bottom