Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Can’t say I saw any proof they really like it. I hoped to hear more of the chook music and chickens dancing to it 💃 💃 .after the introduction.
Love it!
I had previously observed that my chickens seem to like music. I hadn’t noticed specifically Baroque or even classical more broadly.
I can add some to their playlists!
I should note they also seem to like the sound of power tools so I am not quite sure how discerning of an audience mine are.

Last edited:
Love it!
I had previously observed that my chickens seem to like music. I hadn’t noticed specifically Baroque or even classical more broadly.
I can add some to their playlists!
I should note they also seem to like the sound of power tools so I am not quite sure how discerning of an audience mine are.
Mine like sounds of mower... because it brings bags of cut grass LOL 😆

Three and a half hours today. Warm and dry.
Carbon cleaning Henry's wattles. Carbons moult is in full swing now. She's off her food and looking very down in the dumps.
PA092480.JPG

Tribe dust bath.
PA092476.JPG

PA092478.JPG

I'm due to look at the new flat tomorrow. I've got a meeting with someone who might donate some money to the field later in the afternoon. Wednesday we are having two group memebers meetings at the field, one in the morning and one in the afternoon to give everyone a chance to hear about the new arrangements and understand the field lease conditions.
Thursday I have family obligations.
Posting may be a bit brief and/or patchy for a few days.

I'm due to look at the new flat tomorrow. I've got a meeting with someone who might donate some money to the field later in the afternoon. Wednesday we are having two group memebers meetings at the field, one in the morning and one in the afternoon to give everyone a chance to hear about the new arrangements and understand the field lease conditions.
Thursday I have family obligations.
Posting may be a bit brief and/or patchy for a few days.
Good luck with all of it.

Our chickens LOVE music of all kinds but got a healthy exposure to classical as chicks, and on big cleaning days. I want find a way to mount one of the blue tooth speakers on the outside of the coop for them.

Not classical, but a classic guilty pleasure... we actually played ELO, Mr. Blue Sky, for Blue and he seemed to recognize his name and I sing it to him (admittedly with some lyrical adjustments.) while I am feeding him and he seems to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom