Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I just asked my 22-yo GirlChild three questions and she got two of them right. Third planet from the sun? Earth (she said, laughing at me.) How many sides to an isoscles triangle? Yeah she got that right and looked me like I was crazy for asking. The one she missed was how many feet in a meter? (Hmm, 12? she guessed.) Maybe the TikTok guy did get some right answers but they weren't funny so he edited them out. I sure hope so.
Around 3 feet.

Yeah they will edit out the not funny answers. It's all about engagement these days.

I just asked my 22-yo GirlChild three questions and she got two of them right. Third planet from the sun? Earth (she said, laughing at me.) How many sides to an isoscles triangle? Yeah she got that right and looked me like I was crazy for asking. The one she missed was how many feet in a meter? (Hmm, 12? she guessed.) Maybe the TikTok guy did get some right answers but they weren't funny so he edited them out. I sure hope so.
I don't know why he told people they got the right answer - that feels like spreading misinformation to me!

The one she missed was how many feet in a meter?
3.28084; I had to look that up.

Feet in a yard? 3.

Tax:
IMG_E5857.JPG

I don't think it's staged.
A similar study was done here in the UK and the fail rate was astounding.
One question was who was the first British Prime Minister.
Another was which planet is third from the sun.
Another was what is the height of the tallest mountain on the planet.

The applogists say that the retention of facts is no longer important, they can be looked up quickly on the internet. It's the ability to reason and use these facts that's important.:confused:
Not many people have the ability to reason either, anymore and forget common sense.

I'm sorry, if I ask you, "Which planet is third from the sun?" and you reach for your phone to look it up, you have lost ALL credibility with me.

No, scratch that. I'm not sorry.
What’s the purpose in knowing that? For our day to day life it’s way more important to know in which shop you can buy chicken feed and where you can buy lumber. :gig

And of course we need many basic things like: how to fill in tax papers. Were you have to complain if there is a problem with the electricity. And to know the rules for the traffic in the street.
I honestly dont give a 🤬💩 about mars or jupiter as long as they stay nicely in orbit. And I find it a waist of money to visit them.

Ignorance tax. Kraai and Ini mini.
IMG_4185.jpeg

What’s the purpose in knowing that? For our day to day life it’s way more important to know in which shop you can buy chicken feed and where you can buy lumber. :gig

And of course we need many basic things like: how to fill in tax papers. Were you have to complain if there is a problem with the electricity. And to know the rules for the traffic in the street.
I honestly dont give a 🤬💩 about mars or jupiter as long as they stay nicely in orbit. And I find it a waist of money to visit them.

Ignorance tax. Kraai and Ini mini.
View attachment 3783589
earth is the 3rd rock from the sun

I don't know why he told people they got the right answer - that feels like spreading misinformation to me!
I agree.

It's not hard to say "nope, guess again. Or, you know, work it out or recall it."

I'm also going to point out that's a very small sample of uni students. Was he standing near the maths or engineering buildings? We don't know. Apart from one youngster who said she was taking forensics we have no way of knowing what these kids were focussed on in high school.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom