Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

update on Coed: he appeared through the fog that's enshrouded us all day, flying in over the hedge to join the flock for tea. So clearly he's not too poorly, though he did look very bedraggled and he's still limping. I did not get remotely close enough to try to catch him before he vanished back into the mist. So the saga may continue a while...

update on Coed: he appeared through the fog that's enshrouded us all day, flying in over the hedge to join the flock for tea. So clearly he's not too poorly, though he did look very bedraggled and he's still limping. I did not get remotely close enough to try to catch him before he vanished back into the mist. So the saga may continue a while...
So glad you at least had a sighting!

I bet it's mating season
Maybe he is bedraggled from fighting

Busy day. Forgot my camera.:rolleyes: Had to take a couple of snaps with the phone.
It stayed dry today.:th
Fret is showing signs of going broody again.
IMG_20240411_190333_968.jpg
IMG_20240411_190420_793.jpg
IMG_20240411_190345_392.jpg

Speaking of broody, on Monday Martha hatched three chicks. The eggs were slipped under her on March 18th. As she kept getting off the nest I had doubts the original eggs were still viable, and added 2 more on March 22nd.

Today Martha hatched the remaining two eggs, three days after the first three. I dub her Magnificent Martha for not giving up once the first chicks hatched!

IMG_20240411_185551609~2.jpg

:love

Back
Top Bottom