Shadrach's Lamps

Pics
Marble is taking shape slowly. My fingers are sore from sanding.:D The other side is still a bit of a mess.
Next I need to cut what will be the base off the lamp body. Even as a sculpture it needs a base.

View attachment 2305897

I did mention another project. I really wasn't sure if I could get the curves I wanted. They are getting there now. I like this. It's another that is better viewed live. There is a lot going on that is easy to overlook in the pictures. Light glare blurs a bit of the detail out.
View attachment 2305898View attachment 2305899
It seems to float above the base!

Marble is taking shape slowly. My fingers are sore from sanding.:D The other side is still a bit of a mess.
Next I need to cut what will be the base off the lamp body. Even as a sculpture it needs a base.

View attachment 2305897

I did mention another project. I really wasn't sure if I could get the curves I wanted. They are getting there now. I like this. It's another that is better viewed live. There is a lot going on that is easy to overlook in the pictures. Light glare blurs a bit of the detail out.
View attachment 2305898View attachment 2305899
"Marble" is gorgeous. I particularly love the "veins" in the wood. :love

Hey @Shadrach, do you sell those beautiful lamps on any online websites?
they are absolutely gorgeous. :love
Thank you.
I do sell some, usually at local fairs here in Catalonia. Unfortunately due to the Covid crisis there won't be any fairs this year by the looks of it.
I don't have a website.
If you are interested in a lamp, send me a PM/private conversation.

Still a bit to do on this.
Front is almost there. There is a mark or two on the left cut away that will come out and some paste on the top right hand edge to remove.
P8284410.JPG

On the RHS in the dark wood are some wood faults. Some can be filled with slate paste.
P8284411.JPG

Again on the LHS there are marks, some of which may sand out without ruining the lines. There are also the defects above the grip holes. Not quite sure what to do with these. They go deep into the wood so can't be sanded out easily. The grip holes will have dowels put in.
P8284412.JPG

There is a dent in the top to be sorted and the RHS edge has a couple of rough patches.
P8284413.JPG

The lamp body doesn't sit on the base properly so the joining surfaces are not flat enough.
P8284414.JPG

A couple of rough patches on the LHS of the lamp body.
P8284415.JPG

Well, It's done. It's a nice looking piece imo.
:confused:There is something that I've learned here that would have made the piece work better. The cut aways, top and bottom shown best in picture two are not steep enough. I would have a better looking piece if they were closer to 90 degrees to the face. Because they are shallow the side of the vase gets kind of lost. I need to learn to be a bit bolder with how much I cut when trying to suggest a shape. Next time perhaps.
It's called Vase.
P8294426.JPG
P8294427.JPG
P8294428.JPG
P8294429.JPG
P8294430.JPG

Well, It's done. It's a nice looking piece imo.
:confused:There is something that I've learned here that would have made the piece work better. The cut aways, top and bottom shown best in picture two are not steep enough. I would have a better looking piece if they were closer to 90 degrees to the face. Because they are shallow the side of the vase gets kind of lost. I need to learn to be a bit bolder with how much I cut when trying to suggest a shape. Next time perhaps.
It's called Vase.
View attachment 2312099View attachment 2312101View attachment 2312102View attachment 2312103View attachment 2312104
Will it have electrics in it Shad? I was wondering about the hole in the top...

I spy "Marble" looking all brooding and monolithic in the background! 🥰

Will it have electrics in it Shad? I was wondering about the hole in the top...

It will have electrics. I stopped putting them in because I'm running out of them. For some pieces it makes sense to have the electrics as optional.

Good description - I was thinking Marble was looking ancient and formidable - like an Ent (if you are a Lord of the Rings fan - never seen the movies so not sure if the Ents are featured).

Good description - I was thinking Marble was looking ancient and formidable - like an Ent (if you are a Lord of the Rings fan - never seen the movies so not sure if the Ents are featured).
The movie did have Ents and they made a passable job of them too.;)

Back
Top Bottom