Share: Hilarious Craigslist Replies

Perhaps, but I posted a price on CL and they can make an offer if they don't like it. But when they say "what's your lowest price" it's like, "duh! I posted the price I want to sell for and if you don't like it you can make me an offer." (Not that I've ever told them that. I try not to yell at them lol.)

Perhaps, but I posted a price on CL and they can make an offer if they don't like it. But when they say "what's your lowest price" it's like, "duh! I posted the price I want to sell for and if you don't like it you can make me an offer." (Not that I've ever told them that. I try not to yell at them lol.)
My parents will buy stuff off FB marketplace, and ask if the seller will sell for say 100 bucks less then the asking price. Sometimes they get desperate, and agree to a lower price.
I started getting fiesty with someone I thought for sure was a scammer, but it wasn't. :oops:
Uh oh.

I had a someone contact me last night. They acted like a scammer.

Scammer: Hello, i am interested for your 'Jersey cross heifer calf ' can i call/text now ?
Me: You can text now (thinking: "You are already texting.")
Me:
She is available
Scammer: Are you still there?
Scammer: Are you getting my text msgs?
Me: Yes, I am! What would you like to know? Would you like to buy my dog?
No Response

Even better - I posted once "I have 2 Barred Rock cockerels to a good home" The reply was "I would love these, I heard BR are great layers". My reply was "these are male" their reply "Oh, I don't need any more roosters, sorry". The next person replies "What is the gender of these?" I replied, "Please see my first two replies, these are cockerels - they're boys" they reply "no thanks, no roosters for me". Then the last reply was "I want these!!" I replied "just so you know, they are male - see pictures I posted of them, bright red huge comb and wattles". Their reply "ugh, no I didn't know they were roosters".

Sheesh! The art of reading comprehension is gone. (and being able to tell a rooster from a hen by pictures - of an older age, anyway)

@mydaisy, sadly, I have to agree that reading seems to be a dead art. :hmm

I have also had many interactions related to Craiglist where it's clear that either reading comprehension is lacking or something else (complete lack of retention, just looking at photos, etc.) is going on. I suspect laziness may also be a factor: instead of going back and looking at the listing, more than a few people seem to think it's acceptable to ask questions that are answered by the listing info. I just point them back to the listing, but I've also found that these are typically people who don't follow through, either. :smack

Back
Top Bottom